Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Media Journal, Decorating the Cover





So... I have this new Media Journal and it's AMAZING!  The Media Journal by Dina Wakely has 54 Multi Surface pages to create with.  Canvas, burlap, linen, thick kraft paper.  I am thinking this art journal will become pages for future classes.  For now I wanted to make it my own by altering the cover.  Plus, Ranger sent me a box of goodies and a lot of Dina Wakely's new releases.  This stencil "WHAT WE DO" has to be the bestest stenil yet!

Check it out.



I prepped my inside page with white gesso.  Then shut the cover and randomly smeared Dylusions Paints.


Once dry, layer the stencil and sponged on some white gesso.  Then I rubbed it off with a wipe.  EEK... the effect is fabulous!

 I flipped it over and layered the stencil again.  This time just rubbing off the paint.  Same idea different technique.

Back inside and this time I am smearing paint all over the stencil.  This effect bleeds under the stencil and it turned out so cool.  I further smeared with my fingers.  


So awesome!


LOVE!



Even the spine gets some paint.





This stencil says it all.  It makes the perfect cover and start to my creative journey.





EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Comments

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts