Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

From Drab to Fab in 30 Minutes

Tissue Box Makeover...Crafting beyond Cards
 
Yep, that would be my guest bath toilet.  Now, before you think I have lost my blogging marbles there is a point.   I really dislike those tissue box covers/ cozies that sit on the toilet.  However, I dislike my favorite Eucalyptus smelling blue box even more!  So, I am caving and yes I picked up a wee wooden tissue box cover.  I'll show you how I made mine and it cost me $2.00!
 
What you'll need;
 
1. Unfinished Wooden Tissue Box Holder
2. Modge Podge (had it)
3. Favorite Paper (had it)
4. Sand Paper (had it)
5. Ink (had it)
 
{I really am the worst at taking step by step photo's...why do you stalk my blog again?}
 
So, I was at the $1 Store picking up an extension cord and happen to stumble down the crafty isle.  There it was, a tacky cheap wooden ugly tissue box holder.  Me and my crafty ways felt I could do something fabulous!  So it came home for the whopping cost of $2!
 
If you know me...and you know you do.  You know I try to find things as cheap as I can and make it into something that doesn't look cheap!  I used some stamps I have and my Cargo Number Stencil for the No 5.  Just stamp at will...
 
This paper I picked up at my LSS awhile back so I already had it on hand. You know you have fabulous paper you're hoarding for a little something special!  I measured each side of the box, cut the paper to match and glue it right on.  Then sand the edges smooth and ink away!  I sealed with a sealer but you can also seal with the modge podge.  I ran out:(
 
SEE TOLD YA SO! 
Much better right!  I'm still not a fan but if we must keep tissue it looks better in something I made than that ugly box it came in.
 
OK one more little thing I picked up to decorate. 
 
This one is more pricy.  I have these floating shelves in my basement and I wanted a focal point on the top shelf.  I picked up each hurricane glass from Walmart for just under $7 each.  The Vanilla Bean candles were $7 and the coffee beans (I used French Roast) came to about $5 per jar to fill, that's $19 each. 

 
Here are my 2 shelves with my scented candles displayed.  You can also change out the coffee for the season.  Nuts for the fall, berries or ornaments for the Holiday's, mini eggs for Easter?  For now my basement has a slight smell of fresh vanilla coffee.  So yummy!  You may have noticed some of the things I have posted on Canadian Nickel Scrap'n.  I've displayed on the shelves My Book Bundle, Halloween Pumpkin and My Family Sign.  The photo's of me and my husband (kissing to bug my kids, hehe) I printed on white cardstock in black and white and I already had the frames, so free!  The clock is a favorite, $50.
 
Hope this gave you an idea for your ugly tissue box! 
Photobucket

 

Comments

  1. great ideas and i will be now looking for a wooden tissue box..

    cathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous kleenex box...couldn't be more perfect...love the candles too! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it..you come up with the greatest ideas...i'll have to check out our local dollar store...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. TFS!!!great idea's will have to try the tissue box.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog thru Pinterest! I just bought two of those tissue holders myself to alter from Dollarama- only mine were 2 bucks a piece! Love the candles too...will need to make some myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts