Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Sweet Shop

Time for a little something different!  I am excited to be apart of a blog hop with Lawn Fawn and Xyron!  Check out details to win some goodies... and of course my project.  So sprinkle the love here and with the rest of the Design Team to be apart of the draw!

This week the Xyron and Lawn Fawn design teams will be sharing gorgeous projects featuring NEW Lawn Fawn releases - AND we're having a GIVEAWAY to celebrate! Just leave a comment on any (or all) of the LF projects we share on our FB page all week long and someone is going to win a $50 prize pack - a $25 LF gift certificate and a Xyron Mega Runner! 


OK the How you Bean? is totally adorable!  The set even has a separate lid stamp.  More possibilities...


I picked this pretty spring paper Perfectly Plaid Rainbow Petite Paper pack.  I do love plaid.  I stamped on the pattern paper and wait for it... fussy cut.  Don't panic, there is a matching die How you Bean- Lawn Cuts for this stamp set.


All those jelly's stamped and yes, more fussy cutting.  I wanted to layer and stack the jars.  Trimming the beans so they spill the way the jars tilt.


ACK... trying the new Distress Oxide Inks by watercoloring the jelly's.  Love them!!!  Time to make this easy and my Create a Sticker to adhere all these jelly beans.


I know... it's still looking cute and you're wondering when it's going to look like my style!  Lets get the stacked mason jars through the Creative Station first.


I prepped my journal with Oxide Ink, smearing and watercoloring.  Peel the jars back and adhere.


A little stencil splotching and vintage photo Oxide and attach the stack of jars.  Flicky, flicky with water and BAM the Oxide turns magical. 


I added some Distress Collage Medium Crazing to the jars and jelly's.  Anything I attached to the pages.  I edge the jars and jelly's with black soot distress crayon and smudge.


I die cut the Hanging Sign and inked with Oxide.  With some left over green plaid paper and cut "SWEET SHOP" with Alphanumeric.  These teeny letters are perfect for the 3" Disposable Sticker Maker.


OMG the wee lids are adorable!  I added the Small Talk sentiments to the pages for fun... "Creativity takes Courage" and "Trust your crazy Ideas".


There you have it.  My new Art Journal, OK it's a really old book that has a new life with my "Sweet Shop" pages.


I love the stacked mason jars!  Not bad for such a cute set ;)


The Xyron  DT have been creating all week with Lawn Fawn.  Make sure to check out their blogs and social media for more awesome projects!

Lets create
A Vintage Journey- Happy Birthday

PIN ME


    
 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. Nicole, OMG, totally love this project-colors, grunge and all. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome I could burst. I looooooove what you did here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very cute but not cutesy. Love it thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nicole, you took sweet and turned it into beautifully vintage, I love the book page background, it works so well and those Oxide jelly beans are fabulous! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your project Nicole!! .....and I love how you took something bright, colourful into grunge. It's fantastic!!
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't y'all just eat those jellybeans UP?!?! I adore this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply delightful project. I love the layers and the colors. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too sweet! And it reminds me of Spring, which is not around the corner from me with more snow being called for!!! tfs prayerful hugs, Germaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the jars! never really been a mixed media crafter, but these have my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love how you made this work for your style! You used pastels but totally grunged it up! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

    --Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts