Skip to main content

Sweet Shop

Time for a little something different!  I am excited to be apart of a blog hop with Lawn Fawn and Xyron!  Check out details to win some goodies... and of course my project.  So sprinkle the love here and with the rest of the Design Team to be apart of the draw!

This week the Xyron and Lawn Fawn design teams will be sharing gorgeous projects featuring NEW Lawn Fawn releases - AND we're having a GIVEAWAY to celebrate! Just leave a comment on any (or all) of the LF projects we share on our FB page all week long and someone is going to win a $50 prize pack - a $25 LF gift certificate and a Xyron Mega Runner! 


OK the How you Bean? is totally adorable!  The set even has a separate lid stamp.  More possibilities...


I picked this pretty spring paper Perfectly Plaid Rainbow Petite Paper pack.  I do love plaid.  I stamped on the pattern paper and wait for it... fussy cut.  Don't panic, there is a matching die How you Bean- Lawn Cuts for this stamp set.


All those jelly's stamped and yes, more fussy cutting.  I wanted to layer and stack the jars.  Trimming the beans so they spill the way the jars tilt.


ACK... trying the new Distress Oxide Inks by watercoloring the jelly's.  Love them!!!  Time to make this easy and my Create a Sticker to adhere all these jelly beans.


I know... it's still looking cute and you're wondering when it's going to look like my style!  Lets get the stacked mason jars through the Creative Station first.


I prepped my journal with Oxide Ink, smearing and watercoloring.  Peel the jars back and adhere.


A little stencil splotching and vintage photo Oxide and attach the stack of jars.  Flicky, flicky with water and BAM the Oxide turns magical. 


I added some Distress Collage Medium Crazing to the jars and jelly's.  Anything I attached to the pages.  I edge the jars and jelly's with black soot distress crayon and smudge.


I die cut the Hanging Sign and inked with Oxide.  With some left over green plaid paper and cut "SWEET SHOP" with Alphanumeric.  These teeny letters are perfect for the 3" Disposable Sticker Maker.


OMG the wee lids are adorable!  I added the Small Talk sentiments to the pages for fun... "Creativity takes Courage" and "Trust your crazy Ideas".


There you have it.  My new Art Journal, OK it's a really old book that has a new life with my "Sweet Shop" pages.


I love the stacked mason jars!  Not bad for such a cute set ;)


The Xyron  DT have been creating all week with Lawn Fawn.  Make sure to check out their blogs and social media for more awesome projects!

Lets create
A Vintage Journey- Happy Birthday

PIN ME


    
 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. Nicole, OMG, totally love this project-colors, grunge and all. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome I could burst. I looooooove what you did here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very cute but not cutesy. Love it thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nicole, you took sweet and turned it into beautifully vintage, I love the book page background, it works so well and those Oxide jelly beans are fabulous! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your project Nicole!! .....and I love how you took something bright, colourful into grunge. It's fantastic!!
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't y'all just eat those jellybeans UP?!?! I adore this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply delightful project. I love the layers and the colors. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too sweet! And it reminds me of Spring, which is not around the corner from me with more snow being called for!!! tfs prayerful hugs, Germaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the jars! never really been a mixed media crafter, but these have my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love how you made this work for your style! You used pastels but totally grunged it up! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

    --Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Jarred Florals

How's your summer so far?  Me... I am just returning from a long vacation from down south.  So I am probably folding a lot of laundry. TheXyronTeam andACCOare playing all week with staplers and cutters.  Which means anything goes creatively!  I am so thrilled to use their Guillotine Trimmer LiteI don't own one so this is super exciting... 10 papers at one time!  
(all supplies used is linked for your convenience)

Time to crack into my new Flower Jar stamps and Framelits dies and a whole lot of colouring.
Once the colouring was done I added a little touch of dimension to these teeny wildflowers with a stylus and water.  It's my first cut with the Guillotine Trimmer Lite, dang thats sharp.  Even for small cuts.
I ran the stitched circle cut through the Creative Station then used the Create a Sticker for the adorable teeny wildflowers.
The Pondering Words "WONDERFUL" cut is perfectly cut with the Guillotine Trimmer for this 3/4" cut.  I popped it on the edges …

Fall Colours

OK, I know, I know we are only half way through summer and already there are fall leaves on my blog!  I really couldn't help myself.  I mean... you know me! This week Xyron and Newton's Nook are teaming up for some... AWESOMENESS!  Of course I had to go for these gorgeous leafy stamps.  Can you imagine these embossed or in an art journal!  So many creative ways to make stuff.

I gathered some goodies including my Tag and Tie to make a Kraft Tag for the sentiment. A little bit of stamping and inking goes a long way.  

I stamped the wee pumpkin from the Falling for You set (linked below) and coloured with Stabilo Woody 3 in 1 pencils.  These are great for watercoloring too.  Yep, it happens from time to time... I fussy cut the pumpkins out.

I stamped the Beautiful Leaves stamp (linked below) with a blend of Oxide Inks.  Stamping again on inky scrap paper with large maple leaf... yep, more fussy cutting.  Oi...

More stamping on the background and then run through the Creative Sta…

Wanderlust

I am pretty sure I have the "Wanderlust" bug!  I wanted to try something different so I decided to try some texture paste on the cover.  The matboard is tough enough to handle some texture paste.  I used chalk paint and texture paste to decorate my cover instead of paper.


Cut the superstock paper to fir the journal, 8x8 scoring in the centre to create a page.  I used oxides and stenciling to create a dynamic page.
Die cutting on pattern paper for some great elements.  Love the brush and foam for those small dies Especially the Gearhead die!  
See, all those little bits popped right out!  More inking and layering for these pages.  Making life easier with the Creative Station and these smaller detailed dies.
Lets make some trophy's!  I coated them with hammered metal embossing powder and coloured some distress crayons to distress it.
I cut and inked the Heart and Soul flower with more pattern paper.
I love the Ornate Frame #2creating some great vintage elements for this …