Once painted, I sanded down the edges of the painted surface. I used a rag to lightly apply some of my Walnut Stain. Where I sanded it soaks in more.
Once I had it all sanded and distressed I painted the extra board with black. This is where the extra comes in handed for the headboard. It's covered by pillows.
Again with a rag, I applied a light coating of varnish to protect the finish.
Here we have installed her headboard along with the overhead lighting. Remember my BEATLES decor project. It's all coming together!
Lights on, a perfect spot to read.
You can see all the distressing really works out.