A couple of weeks ago I ripped out half of the pages and glued about 5 pages at a time together. Allowing for room to load with embellishments, die cuts and findings. Prep the pages with Gesso and add some colour with distress crayons. The Trellis stencil is used in spots.
I found this old postcard in an old photo album. I used my Xyron Creative Station to attach it to the thick page. There was some scribble on it so I attach an old photo of Mr. & Mrs. Smith from 1945 over it. I am thinking of adding a 1945?
It's hard not to over do it. So I walked away...
Julia let me borrow some clear gesso so I left some spots clear.
Dapper Mr. & Mrs. Smith, 1944. I wanted to add more to the Post Card but it's original and I did not want to cover up the original.
For a pop of colour and texture a Wildflowers 2 flower.
There is a huge stack of the pages I ripped from the book all musty and worn. I cut various pieces and layered a collage with them.
I layered the mini wildflower stencil and texture paste.
A peek of the flourish stencil.
The front page showing the Publisher and date published.
Bound with string... The first of many!
I had so much fun just creating freely. I love the must smell of these pages and I am excited to create more pages whenever the mood!
SERIOUSLY... This book is 115 years old! Much respect when touching these pages!
A Vintage Journey- All Aboard
Simon Says Stamps Monday- Make your own Background