Skip to main content

Pretty in Pink


All month the Inspiration Team has been sharing tutorials with the Blends with stunning colours to choose from.  This is the first time I have used them in a variety of ways and they are simple to use.

A new tutorial using Eileen Hull's Blends Inking Tool by Clearsnap.  


I started with cutting the Train Case die and running the Flourish Texture Fade through my Vagabond.  


The Blends Inks have a built in sponge so adding the Flagstone ink is simple to the embossed flourish.  I used watercolor paper for the Pansy Flower die, spritzed and shaped with the Stylus Tool.


All shaped and ready for Wildberry Blends,  Too soften the ink I blended with my watercolor pen.  You can even ink ribbon!  A little on a craft mat, water and drag through.


To create the green stems on the Wildflowers 2 cuts I blended Beach and Sunshine to make green.  Why not see how it inks the gumdrop and some twine while I am at it.


The Heart Flower is so pretty inked and rolled.


Flourish Texture pops with Flagstone Blends on the Train Case.


Aren't the Wildflowers so pretty tied off with inked twine.


Inky gumdrop is perfect.


The inked ribbon looks like it came off the roll this colour.


The texture and colour is all so bright and pretty.


I love this spring case!


Check out the Make it Monthly Technique and link up your card, tag or project.  I hope you find a little spring in your next craft.

Have a crafty day!
     
 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Decor- Pennies a project

SIX PROJECTS ON A DIME!

Are you looking for some Halloween Decor ideas?  I have a few for you.  These are projects I have been working on for the past couple of weeks.  BANNERS
I made Boo and Beware for my 2 corner windows.  These are cut from Birthday Bash, using Recollections Halloween paper and Stampin Up Halloween Paper.
I made this Tim Holtz Banner, "Trick or Treat".  Hangs over my spooky dining room.  Black sheets are there for the holidays.
Cut from Birthday Bash and the frames/ font are a Sophisticated cut.  I added beads from Walmart and skulls are a $1 store necklace cut up.
This BIG Banner is "Happy Halloween"
The charms are Walmart and the tulle is from an old Halloween costume.  This glitter spiders are a $1 store find.

Happy Halloween!
Candles
Cheap-o-la...You can make this on a budget...promise!  I picked these candelabras up from Michaels for $12 at 50% off.  I bought them on a day they there was an additional 25% off so in the end they were less than…

Altered Halloween Advent Calendar w/ Video

WOW, I think this is my biggest Halloween project yet.  It took me 5 days to complete and I could have kept adding!!!  As you know I adore Halloween and yes I have begun bringing out my Halloween goodies.  Lots of photos in this post and there is so much to see.  So lets get into the project and get you inspired for Halloween!
I was asked by Scrapbooker's Paradise (where I teach) to make one of these Kaiser Craft Shadow Boxes...with a Halloween Theme!!!  Arm twisted and mission accepted.  I am going all Tim on this one! I started by spraying all the pieces with a Hammered Finish in a gun metal grey. The set even comes with numbers;) I used My Minds Eye Happy Haunting paper to create each box with a great pattern paper background.  Then using all my Tim Holtz goodies and $1 Store finds I went to town decorating.  I used various numbers from the rub ons, metal numbers, wooden and those that came with the Shadow Box.   Be sure to dry fit before gluing!  It took me 4 hours to die cut…

Apothecary Curiosities Coffin

Creepy coffin, I love this one!  I saw these little wooden coffins at the $1 Store and had to get one.  I ended up making this for a class and everyone loved making them.  Halloween is the best!  All the creepy stuff I get away with creating! I picked up these great skeletons at Michaels on a string of garland...6 per rope.  With a little force he fits! I made a template of the coffin and cut Tim Holtz Laboratorie paper to fir in the back. I accidentally broke my skeleton's arm.  Oops!  So, I glued his arm holding the glitter pumpkin.  SAVE! I picked up these skulls on a bracelet for $1.  Layering the Curiosities Coffin is key!  You want to look at the layers, like mesh, pen nib and a spider! I added the "shelves" using popsicle sticks cut to size.  This way it has a cabinet feel. The Apothecary Remnant Rubs are so perfect of the glass bottles full of eyes! Adding a little Spanish Moss makes it all creepy. I LOVE HIM! After the sprayed coffins were dry I sanded them to …