Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Summer Fun with Sizzix

When this months Challenge theme was being chatted about for the Art With Heart Challenge it was suggested I make the Yellow Submarine!  So, I went with it.  This months theme is "Summer Fun with Sizzix"  Create a summery project and include your favorite Sizzix dies.  Or in my case...8 dies in total.  Can you guess them all?
For the foundation of the Yellow Submarine I used the Vintage Trailer XL Score die.


For the top I cut the smallest of the 3D blocks and cubes.  I inked gumdrops with poppyseed alcohol inks for the portholes.


To create some dimension and get more blues and red I used the Correspondence paper and mini rosette die.  A pop of colour with these red stars.


I used Decoart Media Fluids to create a vibrant Submarine.  Along the bottom I cut the Mini Apothecary Bottles omitting the top.  


By folding the mini rosette only half way and adding a star inked with Indigo Blue Alcohol ink I get more blue accents.


The mini Seahorse and tiny starfish is adorable on the top in place of the stacks.  I embossed the seahorse with Wendy Vecchi embossing powder Fern.  I love the enamel look here.


These swirly "ferns" are the Tiny Tattered Floral's before they are rolled.  As soon as I saw these I instantly though ocean. 


I needed a rudder and prop so in it's place another half mini rosette and Tiny Tattered Floral rose.


 A few tattered pinecone rosettes all enclosed in the Halloween Shadows fence.




Well, now there's a different way to look at the Vintage Trailer die!  By combining your dies just think of the things you can create.  So start thinking summer!  Stop by and see what the Inspiration Team has made to inspire.  Join in and share your Summer Fun with Sizzix projects.

 
 photo BlogPostsignature.png

Comments

  1. Such a fun project Nicole , so many dies used in a fabulous way . Your submarine is such fun. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever of you to make the submarine from the trailer die! I just love the gorgeous seahorse too, it looks amazing - love this wonderful creation! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep this is super cool and I love your creative use of all those dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole I just love your Yellow submarine! How fabulous! Super job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts