My husbands Aunt has all these AMAZING family photo's. Here her cousin is apart of the fire brigade on Vancouver Island taken in the 1930's.
I cut the Big Ticket die with chipboard and sprayed some black soot and peeled paint distress spray stain. Then added some rock candy crackle paint. Looks like dragon skin.
With the insert from the Big Ticket die, I layered some scrap paper distressed and inked. Then I stamped this sentiment from the Dressed for Art set onto water color paper.
After I inked the canvas I stamped the Dressed for Art background stamp. This Booksellers and Publishers was why I bought this set. My husbands family started in books and magazine distribution back in the 1920's.
I cut some holiday greens to layer behind the tattered pinecone and big tattered pinecone. Then I water colored the light bulb from Wendy's Steampunk Art. A coat of glossy accents and it shines!
This vintage truck from the Destination Art set is awesome. I inked the truck leaving out the "meat" part. I wanted this blank so I could use that big background stamp from the Dress for Art set. I colored the "Periodicals" and stamped. These were a similar style of truck my husbands grandfather would deliver books and magazines in.
Since my stencils are still on there way, I had to improvise. I just got a pot of Wendy's embossing paste. LOVE IT! All I did was smear some one with my little trowel thingy and blot with some paper towel.
Here's a perfect example of how to Wendy-fy your creation with little to no Wendy goodies. But if you need some check out the The Funkie Junkie Boutique for lots of goodies.
I almost didn't get this one done. I was sent some stamped images and the Funky Words stencil. Last night I went down to the mail box at -25C and the package had arrived! So, I quickly threw this project together showing some of Wendy's newer goodies!
The dress form is mounted on the smallest box from Eileen Hulls 3D Block/ Cube die. I have a few of these cut and built for quick projects.
I fussy cut the dress form and attached it to the Sewing Room die I cut with some scrap chipboard.
I cut these wee flowers from the Blooming Art set and attached some metal gears. The Funky Words are adorable! Keeping it simple I used the embossing paste right over the Kraft Glassine.
I cut the butterfly up inked with tumbled glass and brushed corduroy distress inks and attached. I trimmed the wings and flower petals so I could fold and bend them.
Don't forget to check out all the details on the Frilly and Funkie Challenge blog to play along! Explore your Wendy Style and play along!