I don't have tree up yet so I went outside to my tree. Yep, that's snow.
I got snow in my slippers :/
I started with my Eileen Hull die- Blocks/Cubes, 3-D. The largest box. I printed off some family photo's just on normal printer paper, 4 per box. It takes distress ink well.
I cut a bunch of Stacked Snowflakes with chipboard.
Inked them with the metallic distress paints tarnished brass and brushed pewter.
I stamped the wreath from mini blueprint 5 onto watercolour paper for the top of the box.
Then I watercolored tarnished brass and ice spruce distress stains.
I inked the edges in iced spruce.
Then watercolor the edges.
I gathered all my pieces to assemble.
I glued the images with Tombo to the ATB. Attach the photo's to the sides and water color image on the lid.
I distressed the edges with my sanding grip then inked with brushed corduroy.
I used a small hole punch on the lid of the box. This is for the string so it can hang.
I wanted to use pumice stone distress glitter for the smaller snowflakes. I dipped in glossy accents.
Then apply the glitter.
While the snowflakes take a moment to dry I inked my twine.
Feed the twine ends through the punched holes and tie a knot at desired length. At this point I hot glued the lid flap to the rest of the box. You want it secure to hang.
I use hot glue to sandwich the twine between my large snowflakes.
Your finished Family Ornament. Insert your family though...not mine ;p
The tarnished brass is a pretty vintage Christmas color. I almost glittered these...almost!
The punched holes are discreet. I considered decorating the top with die cuts, greenery and pinecones. But I didn't want it too busy. The focal point is the family photo's.
By distressing the edges and inking it makes the ornament look vintage.
My little family...Yellowstone Summer 2014
All sides of this Ornament can be hung.
So...if I'm making one I might as well make 8. You can give them away or in my case...hang on your tree.