Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

ATB Halloween

Update: Colored Crackle addition.  Keep Scrolling
 
Last Halloween post... Yep, I'm pretty sure its the last.
 Firstly, this was supposed to be 2 projects. But as things evolved it became one.  I was doing my daily blog rounds and came across Shelly Hickox Halloween Crow ATB!  I loved this ATB and it reminded me of the Halloween Crow I made last year.  And I just happed to have a little crow. 
 
How the two became one?  I was working on both projects at the same time.  While something was drying on one project I would move the other.  I stacked the Eileen Hull ATB boxes on top of the platform and thought, yep, that works.
 

I cut the Gothic Boo using chipboard, inked with seedless preserves, crackled and then sprayed my seedless preserves distress spray stain. 


I cut 2 round chipboard circles, covered in paper and attached to the Headstone dies.  After a considerable amount of paint and water then drying on these Headstones they warped a bit causing a slight tilt to the right.


Enter this dangling guy!  I love using them!  They add to the story and now the tilt to the right is weighted down by my skeleton.  The problem now has a purpose.  The Halloween Shadow kids form the bottom layer.


I used the pumpkin parts to hide something.  Painted with rusty hinge, crackled and more rusty hinge stain.  The layered leaf is crackled with peeled paint and rusty hinge tips. 


I used 2 Eileen Hull dies for this project.  This set is the XL Blocks/Cubes, 3-D.  This die creates these 3 boxes.   


Isn't this the coolest Happy Halloween!  I recently won a Facebook Contest from Southern Ridge Trading Company.  A Canadian Company with awesome Chipboard and Baltic Birch Wood die cuts.


I wrapped a snowflake rosette for the collar and made a cone hat topper.  I added some tinsel twine for spooky bling.


The witch on her broom is another Southern Ridge Trading Company die cut I inked and coated with Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter.


UPDATE:

I wanted to make sure that I had the correct technique for the Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge "Colored Crackle"!  I do have crackle going on but sometimes it can be subtle between the 2 techniques.  So I have whipped up a couple die cuts for this and my Halloween Town  to be true to the techniques. 



I used my distress stain sprays to watercolor the Mini Blueprints #5.  Then more crackle paint.


These Mirrored Stars are inked in Honeycomb alcohol inks. 


I cut a clear acetate XL Square Box, crackled it and inked with more Honeycomb alcohol inks.  Inside is a trapped skeleton trying to get out.  His one boney hand protrudes out.


His buddy is scaling the Iron Gate fence to rescue him.


I broke his bones to create movement then glued his wrists to the iron gate. 


The Pumpkin Parts hides the last box keeping the skeleton jailed.  But there's a Tiny Tabs "HELP" Tag attached to a toothpick with a pumpkin topper.  It gives away his location. 


These Headstone cuts provide the structure to it all.  Each one with it's own cut out in the center. 


Each cut out is different and the acetate is crackled then stained.  Each Headstone has a painted word band creating a heavy metal embellishment.


I painted each Headstone with black soot and ripe persimmon.  Then I coated with crackle paint and more rusty hinge stain.


I hot glued one side of the triple structure so I could tip it and add a battery tea light.  This base is a great luminary with a creepy glow.


This project is oozing all things Halloween.  Full of color, crackle and a couple of silly Skeletons.


OK, I think this is the last of my Spookfest for this year.  I have a few skeletons left but I'll keep them hidden for awhile.  I'm waiting on a bunch of Christmas goodies.  So while my package tours the Eastern Seaboard I'm thinking up cheery holiday thoughts.  Did you miss my Halloween Town?  Click HERE if you did.

Check out these awesome challenges and play along.  Another entry for the Compendium of Curiosities 3 with all the crackle and stain!  Please check out this great challenge blog.  It's so fun and the sponsor this round is the awesome The Funkie Junkie Boutique

 A Vintage Journey- To Die For
Eileen Hull- Tricks and Treats
Inspiration Journal- In Disguise
Sizzix- Halloween Challenge

Sizzix Dies Used

Eileen Hull XL Die - XL Blocks/Cubes, 3-D
Eileen Hull- XL Square Box
Headstone- Movers and Shapers
Mini 31- Movers and Shapers
Mini Owl- Movers and Shapers
Mini Spider- Movers and Shapers
Pumpkin Parts- Big
Layered Leaf- Big
Tattered Leaves- Big
Tiny Tabs- Big
Halloween Shadows- Decorative Strip
Snowflake Rosette- Decorative Strip
Iron Gate- Decorative Strip

Comments

  1. Oh, yippee! I get to comment first! congrats on your new post to Frilly and Funkie! You are the best, you know!? No one can outdo the Goddess of Halloween! But you sure do inspire us! This is just too much! I am pretty sure you do not sleep at night or ever! Love that acetate box, and everything else, but I've got to come back to this in the early morning, with a cup of coffee. Daylight is passing, and I've got a yard to decorate! Love your work, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Nicole, another totally stunning Halloween creation! I always love how you 'pose' the skeletons and the crow on top is just the icing on the cake. Love this - a lot! Thanks so much for joining in our Halloween - To Die For Challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is getting to be a bit of a habit by me!! Thanks so much for joining in our 'In Disguise' Challenge at Inspiration Journal and also for joining in Eileen Hull's Art With Heart Tricks and Treats Challenge. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely brilliant, love how you have incorporated the ATB and Tim dies especially the headstone with the cut outs and that dangling skeleton is brilliant, love it. Thanks so much for joining in the Eileen Hull Art with Heart Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Nicole, you have put so much time and effort into this Halloween piece - its awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've been one busy paper crafter!
    Your design is awesome and I love the skelly hanging on, so cute!
    Thanks for joining us in the Inspiration Journal monthly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great project!!!
    I am loving your skeletons, they have so much character ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another totally amazing Halloween project. Thanks for joining us again at A Vintage Journey and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole...this is a very cool stack of ATBs that you've turned into a Tower of Terror. Love each level with all of its crackling, staining, Ideaology, die cuts, etc. Each level tells a story, doesn't it? That acetate square with the skeleton stuck inside...very cool. I love how you use your skeleton guys by dangling them and as you did on your village, position them into the most interesting ways. Thanks for sharing with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool ideas in this project! Happy to have inspired you a bit - I appreciate the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Nicole this is amazing so much detail and so much to see Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a busy Halloween crafter Nicole! Thanks for sharing more projects with us at Inspiration Journal and the Art with Heart challenge. I love all the funny details you put in these projects. There is so much to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Came back, and I'm still giggling! This is just too much! The crow really got me! And your tombstones--so cool! I'm enjoying it all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous work!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. As Always your creations are stunning! This is awesome! It's full of details, and all details are beautiful, a masterpiece! Thanks for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, what an amazing construction. I love all the thought, work, and engineering you put into this project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts