I have never tackled a project of this size for a shadow box. I must admit it was a little daunting looking at the size. How could I possible fill this space while creating a cohesive flow! I started with a couple anchor points and went from there!
Not to mention a ton on new Tim Holtz and Sizzix goodies! No tutorial here:( Sometimes I just get in the zone and when it's all done I realize I should have had my camera near me. Sorry:(
The start; I was asked to make some displays for theLSS I teach at. I re-purposed 2 shadow boxes. The smaller one I postedHERE. I took them both apart and started over with a fresh new look!
I threw all these new goodies at it!
I started with the 8x8 Menagerie paper pack. I pieced it all together, distressing and inking with evergreen bough, picked raspberry and mustard seed.
I kept making bows! I just couldn't help myself. I love the new Family Reunion cards. I may have a couple packs!
I made the matchbox (bottom left) with some of the Menagerie paper. Leaving it open so all the butterfly's appear to fly out, large to small. They meander through the project.
The matchbox is on some stacked wood to give it height. While all the paper, floral and greenery elements make up the background.
It's no secret I love the writing desk feather. I stack 3 with a tied bow and pen nib. Tucking a family reunion card in there adds a great point of interest. All the colour around the card makes it pop.
It's hard to tell here but I added this 4x7 canvas. This on it's own is a craft project. But a project of this size needs an anchor point or 2. I layered the new honeycomb frameworks die over the family reunion card. I stamped the canvas, inked and added some paper. Then layered with more butterflies in pattern paper, bows, burlap and Idea-Ology.
A closer look at the medium bow along with a wee flower cut from the tattered floral die. It's 2 cuts of the smallest flower then layered. Strands of burlap add texture.
Another use for the honeycomb die. This time cut with grungeboard and painted with the new tattered rose distress paint. I attached it in a curve next to the matchbox. When the butterflies come out they flow over it and down to the base of the shadow box.
The smallest of the butterflies end up half way across the whole shadow box where the black ones meet up with the pattern paper ones on the canvas.
Thanks ever so much for checking out my project featuring a bunch of the new Sizzix dies and Tim Holtz goodies!
How's your summer so far? Me... I am just returning from a long vacation from down south. So I am probably folding a lot of laundry.
TheXyronTeam andACCOare playing all week with staplers and cutters. Which means anything goes creatively! I am so thrilled to use their Guillotine Trimmer LiteI don't own one so this is super exciting... 10 papers at one time!
(all supplies used is linked for your convenience)
Time to crack into my new Flower Jar stamps and Framelits dies and a whole lot of colouring.
Once the colouring was done I added a little touch of dimension to these teeny wildflowers with a stylus and water. It's my first cut with the Guillotine Trimmer Lite, dang thats sharp. Even for small cuts.
I ran the stitched circle cut through the Creative Station then used the Create a Sticker for the adorable teeny wildflowers.
The Pondering Words "WONDERFUL" cut is perfectly cut with the Guillotine Trimmer for this 3/4" cut. I popped it on the edges …
OK, I know, I know we are only half way through summer and already there are fall leaves on my blog! I really couldn't help myself. I mean... you know me!
This week Xyron and Newton's Nook are teaming up for some... AWESOMENESS! Of course I had to go for these gorgeous leafy stamps. Can you imagine these embossed or in an art journal! So many creative ways to make stuff.
I gathered some goodies including my Tag and Tie to make a Kraft Tag for the sentiment. A little bit of stamping and inking goes a long way.
I stamped the wee pumpkin from the Falling for You set (linked below) and coloured with Stabilo Woody 3 in 1 pencils. These are great for watercoloring too. Yep, it happens from time to time... I fussy cut the pumpkins out.
I stamped the Beautiful Leaves stamp (linked below) with a blend of Oxide Inks. Stamping again on inky scrap paper with large maple leaf... yep, more fussy cutting. Oi...
More stamping on the background and then run through the Creative Sta…
I am pretty sure I have the "Wanderlust" bug! I wanted to try something different so I decided to try some texture paste on the cover. The matboard is tough enough to handle some texture paste. I used chalk paint and texture paste to decorate my cover instead of paper.
Cut the superstock paper to fir the journal, 8x8 scoring in the centre to create a page. I used oxides and stenciling to create a dynamic page.
Die cutting on pattern paper for some great elements. Love the brush and foam for those small dies Especially the Gearhead die!
See, all those little bits popped right out! More inking and layering for these pages. Making life easier with the Creative Station and these smaller detailed dies.
Lets make some trophy's! I coated them with hammered metal embossing powder and coloured some distress crayons to distress it.
I cut and inked the Heart and Soul flower with more pattern paper.
I love the Ornate Frame #2creating some great vintage elements for this …