Skip to main content

Through the Glass

 
Hansel and Gretal always creeped me out when I was a kid.  It was a mystery to me why the witch wanted them so bad and it grossed me out.  So, no wonder I'm not a fan of gingerbread houses!  However, I picked up the new Christmas Blueprint stamp set because I really wanted the Candy Cane...which I did not use.   I'll get around to it.  I like the challenge of using everything I have.
 
I do have the window & window box die.  It's one of those things I wanted to have but not yet sure what to do with?  Challenge accepted.  
 
No tutorial this time:(  It's really cold here and I was suffering with a headache.  I have even had to stop yesterday.  So, just pictures...sorry.  But I'll tell you what I used if you want to read.
 
 
I stamped the gingerbread house on water colour paper and when to town inking with my distress inks, walnut stain, tea dye and antique linen for the house...kinda ombre like.  Then a bunch of bright distress inks for the candy, seedless preserve, festive berries, ripe persimmon, mustard seed, evergreen bough and peacock feathers.
 
 
For the tag we are inside looking out... so I created a worn wallpapered wall.  I dragged some picket fence paint covering the tag then dry.  I stamped a scroll font, Apothecary cms138 with archival black and used iced spruce and antique linen stain.  Spritz the stain on your mat then drag.
 
 
The mini blueprint 5 cms170 is where these wee candy canes (I had to sneak some candy canes in here) are coloured with marker and cut out.  I gave the bow a shot of glossy accents.  Packs a punch! 
 
 
The mini wreath is the same.  Now this is a fussy cut! 
 
 
I cut the window and Pediment pieces with grungeboard.  I then made the paint all eroded looking with distress paints picket fence, pumice stone, gathered twigs and brushed pewter.  This a fun technique I learned in the Creative Chemistry 102 class.
 
 
Another CC102 technique is cracked class.  I'm using this one a lot.  I tried to angle the camera so you can see I created a "flocked" icy window pane. Sadly, my windows are doing this on their own at -20C!
 
 
The window is popped up so I could add on the edge-tree line trees.  I covered them with distress glitter peeled paint then a little liquid applique snow heated to puff up.
 
 
The final bits are the tinsel and Christmas word bands.  I inked the word band with picket fence distress paint to further the worn look.
 
I was inspired by this weeks Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge; It's a Mystery.
 
Photobucket

Popular posts from this blog

Grinch

I am so excited to share this Tutorial with you!  This is a tutorial on how to "draw" an image to scale!  How to take a small image and make it life size using a grid pattern.  I'm sure if you are on Pinterest like I am you've seen The Grinch stealing Christmas lights.  I looked for a tutorial on how to make my own but I couldn't find one.  Not to say someone hasn't created a tutorial.  So, I decided to create my own.  With the help of my husband who created the Grid pattern for me to make these characters come to life.  Much like he did for my daughter's Union Jack Headboard.  Keep in mind, this is NOT A COPY of The Grinch.  Before you consider purchasing the class...you will have to DRAW him yourself.  In this class you'll be shown how to grid a print out and grid your plywood so you can "DRAW BY NUMBER" if you will.  Even if you can't draw... you can draw the lines in each grid connecting them to the next grid.  I can draw but not s…

Journaling Tuck Spots and Pockets

It is official... I am addicted to Journaling.  This is an inspiration post... why?  I may have become lost in my creativity... it happens.
Scroll through the the photos for ideas.  I have been inspired by my fellow journalers too.  
I kept the cover of Eileen Hull's new Journalsimple with a flipped cabinet card and some crackle paste stenciling.

Inside there are pages of Memoranda paper and Idea-Ology from Scrap ShotzMarch Scrapbook Kit.

A mini book stuffed in a pocket too.

Nicole Wright Designs Fallen Blossomis used on the tag, stamped and watercolored with worn lipstick oxide ink.

I used pages from my 115 year old art journal to create another mini.  Stamping and watercoloring throughout each page with Garden Flower and my stamp set Fallen Blossom.

Tuck spots and pockets for stuffing notes.  

The March Kit with the new Memoranda paper is perfect on it's own.  But I still cut it up and collaged with it.

I fussy cut a found relative since I am still trying to get my hands on …

TUTORIAL; Little Drummmer Boy...or Wooden Horse

I made a Christmas Drum!  I think I love this one more than myChristmas Village!  One of my "ENABLER" crafty peeps told me about a Christmas Drum she pinned on Pinterest, click HERE to see the Pin.  I fell in love!  I started collecting the goodies a couple weeks ago and finally sat down to build it yesterday.  It only took a couple hours and it was a blast to create.  Check out this beautiful Christmas Drum. I started with a teaser post on my newInstagram account.  I inked up these TH Bottle Brush trees with re-inkers!  I started with this round hat box I found at Michaels for 50% off.  I like it because it was already a vintage paper box.  Simply Stunning!  I made a line all the way around the base of the lid.  This way I know where to stop when adding the beads.  If you don't stop you won't be able to close the lid.  Don't worry, you won't see the line.  I used some twine and tape to give me an idea where the beading was going to be put.  It's a r…