Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Creative Chemistry 102- Day Five

Last Day of Creative Chemistry 102 the effects of embossing!
 
OK, defiantly learned some new fun techniques here.  Although, it would have helped to have the right product on a couple of the techniques.  So I will be having a do over.  But hey, such is life.  The chalkboard technique is one I was really excited to try.  Happily, the Antiquities Frosted embossing powder is arriving tomorrow so I will redo my tag.  I do have a "what not to do" tag.
 
First up is the distress embossing powder.  I have never used this and it is really cool.  Just like sand paper.  The snowman you can't tell from the photo, but it's embossed with sticky powder and distress rocky candy glitter.  LOVE!   Oh and lastly... it would help if I could find gold leafing with sticky embossing powder.  When I find some I'll redo it.
 
The Shabby Chic technique is so great!  I loved rubbing the paint off.  The window is done with the tarnished silver technique.  I really love all the embossed layers.  What a cool way to create metal!  And now for the chalkboard technique...FAIL!  You can see here what not to do.  Clear embossing powder does not work...period!
Now that I'm a graduate I can play! 
 
CC102- Day One
CC102- Day Two
CC102- Day Three
CC102- Day Four

Comments

  1. Nicole, I found the gold leafing at Michael's. They had it in both the sheets and the loose flakes like he shows, but the packet of the flakes are double the price of the sheets, so I opted for the sheets of leafing and worked with that instead. In our store, I found it on the side wall over by the jewellry and beads with other leafing products, like the foil pens etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great techniques Nicole :)
    I still haven't taken the 101 course.
    As for the embossing foil, I have some from many moons ago..before we even heard of Tim Holtz…was there a time we didn't create with his products, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the snowman tag, I am kind of impartial to snowmen, but not snow lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts