Skip to main content

Christmas Luminary + Plus Sneek Peek

 
I'm working on a BIG Christmas Project and yesterday my 3D Luminary Big Die came!  Of coarse I had to add it to my holiday project! 
 
I was SO lucky to be told about a Canadian online crafty store, R & R Scrapbooking by a fellow crafter!  Rhea is awesome and I think we are now BFF's!  I was super excited she had the 3 D Luminary die (I couldn't live without) and the Antiquities Frosted embossing powder (for the chalkboard technique).  OMG I have to be careful on her site.    OH and she ships pretty much that day so your goodies arrive the next day.  Us crafters are impatient.  Be sure to check her scrappy site out!  OK enough sucking up of my shameless plugging of R & R Scrapbooking.
 
 
I used paper (I recommend paper) and layered with some thin chipboard.  It's really fussy to get those folds so paper is best.  I tried thick chipboard, thin chipboard and grunge paper.  Paper was easiest.  I have some of that snowy pen gunk that puffs up when heated.  The puffy looks silly by itself but when its all together it will be cool! 
 
This Santa was in a snow globe.  He's kinda vintage looking and my camera isn't blurry, he is.  I did a crackled glass technique on him which is hard to see.  He's small.
OMG this is my favourite technique (or 1 of many) from the Creative Chemistry 102 class.  I adore this crack class finish.  I made the glass with that thick plastic packaging stuff.  You know...that stuff!  With a light tucked in there it will look awesome!
 
Be sure to check back.  I have been madly crafting for days.  I'm glued, glittered, inked and many burns from my glue gun.  Can't wait to show you...it's been a year in the planning.  Or at least thinking about it!
 


Comments

  1. I love that you reused an object from a snow globe. I have a lot of issues when making something worrying that it won't look right, truth is when all finished it all does come together. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a small snow globe at the $1 Store, then took a hammer to it. Now that was fun!

      Delete
  2. And here I passed up this die when I had seen it…what was I thinking.
    This looks awesome Nicole.
    I love the frosted glass technique .
    Looking forward to your big project :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you saw it and didn't get it! The Luminary's are so cute. Wouldn't they be cute all strung like patio lanterns and moose paper for your cottage!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Decor- Pennies a project

SIX PROJECTS ON A DIME!

Are you looking for some Halloween Decor ideas?  I have a few for you.  These are projects I have been working on for the past couple of weeks.  BANNERS
I made Boo and Beware for my 2 corner windows.  These are cut from Birthday Bash, using Recollections Halloween paper and Stampin Up Halloween Paper.
I made this Tim Holtz Banner, "Trick or Treat".  Hangs over my spooky dining room.  Black sheets are there for the holidays.
Cut from Birthday Bash and the frames/ font are a Sophisticated cut.  I added beads from Walmart and skulls are a $1 store necklace cut up.
This BIG Banner is "Happy Halloween"
The charms are Walmart and the tulle is from an old Halloween costume.  This glitter spiders are a $1 store find.

Happy Halloween!
Candles
Cheap-o-la...You can make this on a budget...promise!  I picked these candelabras up from Michaels for $12 at 50% off.  I bought them on a day they there was an additional 25% off so in the end they were less than…

Altered Halloween Advent Calendar w/ Video

WOW, I think this is my biggest Halloween project yet.  It took me 5 days to complete and I could have kept adding!!!  As you know I adore Halloween and yes I have begun bringing out my Halloween goodies.  Lots of photos in this post and there is so much to see.  So lets get into the project and get you inspired for Halloween!
I was asked by Scrapbooker's Paradise (where I teach) to make one of these Kaiser Craft Shadow Boxes...with a Halloween Theme!!!  Arm twisted and mission accepted.  I am going all Tim on this one! I started by spraying all the pieces with a Hammered Finish in a gun metal grey. The set even comes with numbers;) I used My Minds Eye Happy Haunting paper to create each box with a great pattern paper background.  Then using all my Tim Holtz goodies and $1 Store finds I went to town decorating.  I used various numbers from the rub ons, metal numbers, wooden and those that came with the Shadow Box.   Be sure to dry fit before gluing!  It took me 4 hours to die cut…

Apothecary Curiosities Coffin

Creepy coffin, I love this one!  I saw these little wooden coffins at the $1 Store and had to get one.  I ended up making this for a class and everyone loved making them.  Halloween is the best!  All the creepy stuff I get away with creating! I picked up these great skeletons at Michaels on a string of garland...6 per rope.  With a little force he fits! I made a template of the coffin and cut Tim Holtz Laboratorie paper to fir in the back. I accidentally broke my skeleton's arm.  Oops!  So, I glued his arm holding the glitter pumpkin.  SAVE! I picked up these skulls on a bracelet for $1.  Layering the Curiosities Coffin is key!  You want to look at the layers, like mesh, pen nib and a spider! I added the "shelves" using popsicle sticks cut to size.  This way it has a cabinet feel. The Apothecary Remnant Rubs are so perfect of the glass bottles full of eyes! Adding a little Spanish Moss makes it all creepy. I LOVE HIM! After the sprayed coffins were dry I sanded them to …