Skip to main content

$1 Store Wreath gets a New Life

 Turn a $1 Store Wreath into something pretty. 
 
This Christmas project was FREE for me since I already had everything.  I was decorating for the holidays when I came across this cheezy wreath I had picked up years ago for my BIL and SIL...but that's another story...

I had all these left over flowers from my Christmas Wreath I made last week. So when I found this wreath I thought this would be perfect for a little project and use up my left over flowers.
 

I deconstructed my wreath...ripped it all off!  Save the leafy and berry bits for other projects though.


There it is again, my TH Tattered Poinsettia die.  This wreath is pretty small, maybe 7" or 9" requiring 9 flowers all together. 

 

I simply hot glued them into place.


Not bad, my Christmas Wreath was originally supposed to look like this.  But these things sometimes take on a life of their own.


To make the flowers sparkle, I dry brushed on Rock Candy Stickles.


This gives them a sugary look.

We all hang onto decorations we don't use.  Give it new life and get creative by making it into something new.  If you already have everything it's FREE!
 
Recycling at it's best!
 
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Uber gorgeous!

    Be blessed,Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kind of crafting and it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee-utiful altered wreath. Looks so nice with the old stuff off and the TH Tattered Poinsettias.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath is so beautiful!! I just made one too by using some of my old decorations and bought my wreath on clearence for less than a dollar. I just love how you could re-use old decorations and make new ones with them. Have a great weekend!

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so great!!! those flowers are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous wreath makeover! Love the Poinsettia's - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Jarred Florals

How's your summer so far?  Me... I am just returning from a long vacation from down south.  So I am probably folding a lot of laundry. TheXyronTeam andACCOare playing all week with staplers and cutters.  Which means anything goes creatively!  I am so thrilled to use their Guillotine Trimmer LiteI don't own one so this is super exciting... 10 papers at one time!  
(all supplies used is linked for your convenience)

Time to crack into my new Flower Jar stamps and Framelits dies and a whole lot of colouring.
Once the colouring was done I added a little touch of dimension to these teeny wildflowers with a stylus and water.  It's my first cut with the Guillotine Trimmer Lite, dang thats sharp.  Even for small cuts.
I ran the stitched circle cut through the Creative Station then used the Create a Sticker for the adorable teeny wildflowers.
The Pondering Words "WONDERFUL" cut is perfectly cut with the Guillotine Trimmer for this 3/4" cut.  I popped it on the edges …

Fall Colours

OK, I know, I know we are only half way through summer and already there are fall leaves on my blog!  I really couldn't help myself.  I mean... you know me! This week Xyron and Newton's Nook are teaming up for some... AWESOMENESS!  Of course I had to go for these gorgeous leafy stamps.  Can you imagine these embossed or in an art journal!  So many creative ways to make stuff.

I gathered some goodies including my Tag and Tie to make a Kraft Tag for the sentiment. A little bit of stamping and inking goes a long way.  

I stamped the wee pumpkin from the Falling for You set (linked below) and coloured with Stabilo Woody 3 in 1 pencils.  These are great for watercoloring too.  Yep, it happens from time to time... I fussy cut the pumpkins out.

I stamped the Beautiful Leaves stamp (linked below) with a blend of Oxide Inks.  Stamping again on inky scrap paper with large maple leaf... yep, more fussy cutting.  Oi...

More stamping on the background and then run through the Creative Sta…

Wanderlust

I am pretty sure I have the "Wanderlust" bug!  I wanted to try something different so I decided to try some texture paste on the cover.  The matboard is tough enough to handle some texture paste.  I used chalk paint and texture paste to decorate my cover instead of paper.


Cut the superstock paper to fir the journal, 8x8 scoring in the centre to create a page.  I used oxides and stenciling to create a dynamic page.
Die cutting on pattern paper for some great elements.  Love the brush and foam for those small dies Especially the Gearhead die!  
See, all those little bits popped right out!  More inking and layering for these pages.  Making life easier with the Creative Station and these smaller detailed dies.
Lets make some trophy's!  I coated them with hammered metal embossing powder and coloured some distress crayons to distress it.
I cut and inked the Heart and Soul flower with more pattern paper.
I love the Ornate Frame #2creating some great vintage elements for this …