Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Super Simple and Masculine

 My oldest Son is 14 on Monday!!!!  Since we came home a couple weeks ago it's been on my mind to get his invitations done.  Well Back to School and our home renovations have taken up all my time.  Not today!  I have a little break in my reno's and I spent that time in my craft room.  Among other things I whipped together I wanted to show you his invitations.
 
Here's how I got there...
 
Teenage boys are past all those Robots!  So I'm keeping it industrial and minimal.  This Teal card stock is a cool splash of colour and is cut 6"x3" giving me a 3"x3" card.  I cut the black card stock at 2 3/4", then ran it through my Bigshot with my Cargo Stencil Number die!  DREAMY!
 
Crafty Tip; I buy those oven liners then cut them up into sheets to craft with.
 
  I cut them 1/8" smaller than the 2 3/4" with my cutter.  Great way to sharpen your blade.  Then I ran it through my embossing folder, ummm it's a Tim Holtz one.  I glued mini glue dots to adhere it to the card stock, then dimentionals onto the teal card.
 
To save time and the pain of trying to read my horrible printing I simply wrote up the details on WORD.  I blurred the private info so you won't all start showing up;)
 
The dimensionals really show off the Cargo Stencil and metal I embossed.
 
My son Brayden taken this summer.  Seriously, my most favorite photo of him.  He's turning into quite the character and this photo says everything about who he is.  He's goofy and funny, intense and sensitive, he loves anything to do with technology and is always talking.  He's a great son and I adore him!  Such a handsome dude.  Such a proud Mommy my heart swells!
 
These took me about 30 minutes to make.  Not bad!!!
 
 
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Those invitations are really cool! Bet your son liked them. I can certainly tell he's your son; he really resembles you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I love your reaction bubbles! It makes it so easy to let you know I think your project is awesome without having to leave a comment if I don't want to! But I am procrastinating today, so today is a comment day!
    Love the industrial look to the cards, sends my mind spinning on what other occasions you can use it for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great invites Nicole. I am sure Braydon would love us at his party.....more gifts lol
    Trying to catch up on your blog while sitting at Barns & Noble waiting for the girls to finish up shopping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole I love the invites. You are soooo right about this age they are not babies but not old enough either. My son, Collin,is 14 he will be 15 july 31 2013. He will be taking drivers training this summer how scarey is the thought of that? I dont no if its the same in canada when it comes to drivers training but I still dont trust him on his bike how the heck am I gonna let him drive a car. Ha Ha I am a wreck every time I think about him driving. I survived my older daughter some how so I guess I will survive him too, I hope.lol When i was reading the paragraph about your son and what his personality was like and what he was in to it was like you were describing my son collin. He is so funny and handsome and loves anything to do with technology he is going to go to college for film editing and computer programing. He lives on his xbox live playing games, texting on his phone, typing on facebook all while he has his headset on and doing this all at the same time. Now thats multitasking.lol just wanted to let you no I love your work and keep inspiring us. thanks gina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts