Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

How I made May's Tag



12 Tags of 2012- May Tag x2
 
I actually built these last weekend but only finished assembly this morning.  Wow, I feel so late!  Hey, did you hear, I was picked as a winner for Tim's April Tag!!!  Woohoo I am really excited.  That means Tim Holtz was on my blog...WOWZERS!
 
I made 2 tags again for Tim's May Tag.  I borrowed a lot and rummaged even more!  Check out the 2 tags I made in 2 different ways.  The first tag is most like May's Tag.  My 2 girlfriends have mostly everything between the 2 of them. 
 


My one GF has old tissue sewing patterns and brought them over for us to use.  My other GF has the stamps so I was all set.  They also brought over the hangers and charms.  I used my small SU circle punch and punched from the TH pattern paper for the charm. 

I am not a sewer at all so I just glued down the measuring tape ribbon.

I did pick up the wooden spools from Michaels for us, $1 each.  I also have the Melting Pot and UTEE so we were set to make the flowers.  These ones are the paper flowers inked and dipped.

My 2nd Tag

This tag I made a little different.  This one we ran the resist TH Paper Stash sewing paper through the #8 Tag die.  It gives is a darker look with the Kraft Resist.  Then stamped.

For these flowers we tried the $1 Store silk flowers, inked and dipped.  They handled really well if this is an option for you?  If I didn't have the melting pot, I would have inked on Versamark and layered the UTEE Powder.

DON'T LAUGH...this is my attempt at making a hanger using a paper clip.  Now it's not as pretty but you get the idea.  I also used an acrylic charm with TH Paper Stash, more sewing paper.  It gives that lift.

My 2 different tags together. 

If you don't have all the stuff like me or can't borrow it...again like me.  Then use what you do have.  The idea is the technique not the supplies. 

 
Photobucket

Comments

  1. yup! have to agree with Roxy, they're awesome :) I really like how your flowers turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are super cool! you know I love tim holtz, but I think I just might like your's better than his inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tags..they are adorable and great job on making one..makes me want to try..you know You are the one that has inspired me to get into playing/making tags...I am hooked..thanks for the inspiration..love your heart work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts