Skip to main content

12 Tags of Christmas; #5

Back on track with my tags and I have caught right back up.  So I will be posting the tags I have caught up on.  Today is tag #5 and this one is a cool technique!

Lucky for my my girl had the stamp and my other GF had the inks to make this one red.  I only have 5 alcohol inks and 2 of them are the silver and gold.  Here's what I have learned.  I also did an 2nd tag with the silver and gold and it is to thick to rub off to expose the stamp.  All it did was move it around.  Not that you can't do it.  The stamp just shows through very light.


I was all done making the tag when I found a set of these wreaths at Walmart.  They are metal ornaments meant to decortate wee trees.  I sanded it down a bit to take out some if the shiny.  The accents on this one were gold so I stickled over with red.

For that main wreath I was going to use my snowflake punch or a Cricut cut to create the wreath.  But I couldn't get out of my mind to use one of my chipboard gears.  I started by distressing with inks and quickly decided to use my green embossing powder to make it look brighter.  I picked up these holiday earings (with jingles) form the $1 Store and glued it down, then tied and inked the red bow.

Be sure when rubbing the ink from the stamped tag to push with your finger tip.  Try to avoid rubbing as you will smudge your stamps letters.  If you look at the top of my tag you will see where I figured that out.  By the time I got to the end of the tag I got it right.


I wasn't to sure how I would like this tag.  But it really turned out pretty and it was a fun technique to learn!  I will for sure be trying this one again.




Photobucket

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jarred Florals

How's your summer so far?  Me... I am just returning from a long vacation from down south.  So I am probably folding a lot of laundry. TheXyronTeam andACCOare playing all week with staplers and cutters.  Which means anything goes creatively!  I am so thrilled to use their Guillotine Trimmer LiteI don't own one so this is super exciting... 10 papers at one time!  
(all supplies used is linked for your convenience)

Time to crack into my new Flower Jar stamps and Framelits dies and a whole lot of colouring.
Once the colouring was done I added a little touch of dimension to these teeny wildflowers with a stylus and water.  It's my first cut with the Guillotine Trimmer Lite, dang thats sharp.  Even for small cuts.
I ran the stitched circle cut through the Creative Station then used the Create a Sticker for the adorable teeny wildflowers.
The Pondering Words "WONDERFUL" cut is perfectly cut with the Guillotine Trimmer for this 3/4" cut.  I popped it on the edges …

Fall Colours

OK, I know, I know we are only half way through summer and already there are fall leaves on my blog!  I really couldn't help myself.  I mean... you know me! This week Xyron and Newton's Nook are teaming up for some... AWESOMENESS!  Of course I had to go for these gorgeous leafy stamps.  Can you imagine these embossed or in an art journal!  So many creative ways to make stuff.

I gathered some goodies including my Tag and Tie to make a Kraft Tag for the sentiment. A little bit of stamping and inking goes a long way.  

I stamped the wee pumpkin from the Falling for You set (linked below) and coloured with Stabilo Woody 3 in 1 pencils.  These are great for watercoloring too.  Yep, it happens from time to time... I fussy cut the pumpkins out.

I stamped the Beautiful Leaves stamp (linked below) with a blend of Oxide Inks.  Stamping again on inky scrap paper with large maple leaf... yep, more fussy cutting.  Oi...

More stamping on the background and then run through the Creative Sta…

Wanderlust

I am pretty sure I have the "Wanderlust" bug!  I wanted to try something different so I decided to try some texture paste on the cover.  The matboard is tough enough to handle some texture paste.  I used chalk paint and texture paste to decorate my cover instead of paper.


Cut the superstock paper to fir the journal, 8x8 scoring in the centre to create a page.  I used oxides and stenciling to create a dynamic page.
Die cutting on pattern paper for some great elements.  Love the brush and foam for those small dies Especially the Gearhead die!  
See, all those little bits popped right out!  More inking and layering for these pages.  Making life easier with the Creative Station and these smaller detailed dies.
Lets make some trophy's!  I coated them with hammered metal embossing powder and coloured some distress crayons to distress it.
I cut and inked the Heart and Soul flower with more pattern paper.
I love the Ornate Frame #2creating some great vintage elements for this …