Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

12 Tags of Christmas; #5

Back on track with my tags and I have caught right back up.  So I will be posting the tags I have caught up on.  Today is tag #5 and this one is a cool technique!

Lucky for my my girl had the stamp and my other GF had the inks to make this one red.  I only have 5 alcohol inks and 2 of them are the silver and gold.  Here's what I have learned.  I also did an 2nd tag with the silver and gold and it is to thick to rub off to expose the stamp.  All it did was move it around.  Not that you can't do it.  The stamp just shows through very light.


I was all done making the tag when I found a set of these wreaths at Walmart.  They are metal ornaments meant to decortate wee trees.  I sanded it down a bit to take out some if the shiny.  The accents on this one were gold so I stickled over with red.

For that main wreath I was going to use my snowflake punch or a Cricut cut to create the wreath.  But I couldn't get out of my mind to use one of my chipboard gears.  I started by distressing with inks and quickly decided to use my green embossing powder to make it look brighter.  I picked up these holiday earings (with jingles) form the $1 Store and glued it down, then tied and inked the red bow.

Be sure when rubbing the ink from the stamped tag to push with your finger tip.  Try to avoid rubbing as you will smudge your stamps letters.  If you look at the top of my tag you will see where I figured that out.  By the time I got to the end of the tag I got it right.


I wasn't to sure how I would like this tag.  But it really turned out pretty and it was a fun technique to learn!  I will for sure be trying this one again.




Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts