Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Halloween Decor- Pennies a Project


SIX PROJECTS ON A DIME!

Are you looking for some Halloween Decor ideas?  I have a few for you.  These are projects I have been working on for the past couple of weeks.

BANNERS

I made Boo and Beware for my 2 corner windows.  These are cut from Birthday Bash, using Recollections Halloween paper and Stampin Up Halloween Paper.


I made this Tim Holtz Banner, "Trick or Treat".  Hangs over my spooky dining room.  Black sheets are there for the holidays.

Cut from Birthday Bash and the frames/ font are a Sophisticated cut.  I added beads from Walmart and skulls are a $1 store necklace cut up.


This BIG Banner is "Happy Halloween"


The charms are Walmart and the tulle is from an old Halloween costume.  This glitter spiders are a $1 store find.


Happy Halloween!


Candles

Cheap-o-la...You can make this on a budget...promise!  I picked these candelabras up from Michaels for $12 at 50% off.  I bought them on a day they there was an additional 25% off so in the end they were less than $10.  I then used my 40% coupon for the Recollections glitter and Modge Podged these Walmart white candles.


I glittered the little spider too.

I glue dotted these $1 store plastic spiders.  For both candelabras I paid less than $30.  And they are metal!


OK SUPER CHEAP!  My SIL had these Halloween Candles and asked if I wanted to use them, DUH...YA!  I didn't have any candle sick holders.  So off to the $1 store at a $1 a piece I got these glass holders.  I added some Halloween ribbon I had and glitter spiders! 


I always have LOTS of spiders and Halloween ribbon.  So these cost me $3 for all 3.


These glitter spiders are 6 for $1.


Altered Jars

Not that I'm addicted to Pinterest or anything BULLSHIT.  But I did see something similar to this.  So I grabbed these assorted jars, again $1 store for $1 each.  Cheap right. Then pinning on Pinterest I came across printable free Halloween Paper.  Because I don't have enough!  I like these for jars though since they are LABELS!


I distressed with my TH inks.

Print these for FREE!  Trim, distress and glue!

I use Modge Podge glue.


Glue them on then brush the glue on the front, it dries clear!


Spook out your home!  I have 2 on these shelves!


And 2 on these!


I have battery operated tea lights from Costco and they will flicker safely on the night of my party.


These were less than $2 each to make and minutes to create!


Spruced Up Witches Broom

Now, these brooms I have had for a few years.  They are my fav out of all my witch's brooms.  I had some big Halloween ribbon from last year kicking around.  I just tied a big bow on each and done!


Easy and at night with the purple lights they look awesome!



Spruce Up your Skeleton!

This poor guy needed a home.  I picked him up last week without any clue where to put him.  As a joke I popped him into my tree pot and now I love him there.  But there was something missing...


I had a little left over ribbon from my witches brooms.  So he got a Halloween Bow Tie! 



If you already have this stuff then these things to add are free!


Spooked Out Toilet

Just added this one.  I used scrap pieces of black paper, cut on an angle, cut some fingers (but oval punch works to) and punched out the eyes.  I taped it on my toilet and I'm ready to haunt!



 I hope you found some inspiration to haunt your house.  I am always looking for inexpensive ways to do anything crafty!  This does a couple of things.  One... crafting can be pricey and two...what a fun challenge to keep it cheap!  If you look around you will be inspired to try new things to add to your next project! 


Check it out...my Haunted Toilet made it onto Buzzfeed for "23 Ways to Scare your kids for Halloween"



Eat. Sleep. Craft {repeat}

Comments

  1. WICKEDLY FABULOUS!!! sorry I haven't been around, we had a close family member pass away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont decorate for Halloween, but I love all of these projects!!! So cute and spooky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your decorations!! Did you want to come decorate my house?? :) Happy Halloween! & thanks for the ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your idea's and what you have done.. Have a great party and have lots of fun.. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  5. man think i'll come to your house just to sit and look at your deco's!!!..awesome..love it..tfs..loves ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous ideas - love your decor. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your decorations are FREAKIN AWESOME!! I definitely think I will be making some of those jars! They're my fav!! Thanks for posting all your great halloween decorations! I just love halloween! It's my favourite holiday! And our wedding anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. excellent decoration….love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all yhour deos! The candlsticks were sppoky good! And the toilet seat...well...thats genius! Happy Halloween CallyAnn
    http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com
    PS: you should enter your decos in Decorate to Celebrate challege!

    ReplyDelete
  10. all these projects are spook tacular. thank you for joing us at decorate to celebrate for our halloween challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!! LOVE everything and LOVE your bathroom DECOR!! Fabulous!! Thank you for joining us at Decorate to Celebrate on our Halloween challenge.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coming from Decorate to Celebrate. Spooktacular. LOL at the whimsy skeleton bowtie & toilet seat.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Home Decor! Awesome job on all the projects!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome decor Nicole.
    I am going to have to get me some of those lables, so cool.
    And I am so going to do the toilet guy next year also, too funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am ALL OVER that spooked out toilet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello!

    I wanted to let you know that this post has been included in a collection on my blog. I am an Event Designer, and I put together a weekly post as part of my series, “The Sparkle Queen Events”. Each week a concept that I’ve designed is featured in detail on my site. The elements that make up these events are a combination ideas and images I’ve found all over the internet. I piece them together and turn them into a beautiful, coherent event concept.

    This is a link to the direct post:
    http://sparklysharpandfabulous.blogspot.com/2012/10/halloween-party-for-adults-only.html

    Links to your idea have been included in the post for my viewers to find easier! This event will be shared and showcased not only on my blog, but also on my social media accounts such as Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, etc.. , I’d love to connect pages via social media, so I can showcase your item and share it better with my followers.

    I hope you get a chance to see the post!

    <3 The Sparkle Queen from sparklysharpandfabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts