Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

DIY- Sizzix Journaling

Night Dreamer is my newest pages in my first art journal.  I know I keep saying how much I am enjoying journaling because it's true!  

It all started with my pages I gessoed black.  At first this was a great idea, then I felt it was a bad idea... then I went with it and I was beyond happy with it.


After the pages were painted all black I went back over with white gesso to create a hill effect and road.  Colouring with various green distress crayons for shading and lighting.  The sky has shades of blue and violet.


The cityscape is inked with Oxide and run through my Creative Station so I can easily adhere to the pages.  Pop the cityscape up with dimentionals.


Time for all the adorable traffic with cityscape.


Since there is extra ink on the mat grab another piece of watercolour paper and soak it up.  Added some more oxide for an intense colour.  Use the magnetic platform to keep your thinlits in place!  I cut the top off the truck... I have an idea!


I don't have the Cityscape Suburbia yet for all the cute fluffy trees.  Fear not... I can make foliage with my Wildflowers 2 die... TA DA!!!!


Well the removed portion of the back of the truck wasn't meant for the helicopter but this is where it ended up!  


I was on the fence about these Cityscape dies but I have to say I like!


EEP... be a dreamer!


Check out this busy little chopper flying through the starry night. 


I cut wildflowers to make us as trees.


Even lining the base of my cityscape.


ACK... here's why I cut the truck up.  It became a flat deck truck towing a wee commuter.  That's how the chopper ended up with the back of the truck box!


It's busy city!


I went from being worried how I could pull this black background off to loving it.


Thank you for check out my latest journal pages.  If you're a regular then thanks for putting up with me on these.  Have a crafty day.





A Vintage Journey- Magic of Three (oxide inks, distress crayons, gesso)
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge- What is your Super Power (that wee chopper is the super power of this page)


 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. Ok now you've done it.... blew my mind so hard I need to repaint the ceiling!!! Oh em gee!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous way to use those amazing dies, I love what you created Nicole - especially the helicopter - and the towing truck is such a clever idea!! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just fab Nicole!!! I keep waffling on the city dies but they are cool! so many dies on my wish list… ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a magnificent scene you created Nicole this is so wonderfully vibrant and eye catching, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning canvas, and such a clever way to use those dies!! love what you did here! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at MMM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome Nicole! Love all the vibrant energy and colors. Thank you for joining us at Mixed Media Monthly. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this journal page. It is so much fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally fabulous journal pages Nicole....Love the black and the way you turned this around with the cityscape. Great to have you on board with us at AVJ for our Magic of 3 challenge

    Best wishes Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH, what a great page!! I love it!! Thanks for joining us this month at the MMMC blog and sharing your "superpower"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun page in your journal Nicole! So many die cuts on this to create your wonderful night time city scape scene! Thanks for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts