Skip to main content

Watercolor and Butterflies

This month the Inspiration Team for Eileen Hull is sharing the new arrival of Eileen's Heartfelt Collection releasing in April.  I made a simple "messy" card featuring the new Heartfelt Birds and Butterflies Thinlit 6 pack die cut in felt.  

This is a quick easy card you can make in a hurry if needed.


This is a simple watercolor card, quick messy and fun!  A few die cuts, a little embossing and inking.


After the inking mess and die cuts a little dimension never hurts to the Stitched Oval.  I created a little peek with the Wildflowers cut out.


A simple card... with butterflies and wildflowers.


 The felt layered butterfly is a perfect spring card.


The Nuance Powders are soft and subtle for the background and embossed areas.


The great thing using a negative cut for the card means I have the wildflower to use.  Here it's inked with Nuance Powders and layered inside with a Handwritten Thanks die cut.


Embossing is a quick way to add dimension as we all know.  Why not add some colour.


Be sure to check out the new arrival of Eileen's Heartfelt Collection releasing in April and all the awesome release creations from the inspiration team!

 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. This is stunning my friend. I am amazed at your ability to blow me away every single time you create something. I love how you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Nicole, it is very striking and the felt butterfly is so beautiful .... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween Decor- Pennies a project

SIX PROJECTS ON A DIME!

Are you looking for some Halloween Decor ideas?  I have a few for you.  These are projects I have been working on for the past couple of weeks.  BANNERS
I made Boo and Beware for my 2 corner windows.  These are cut from Birthday Bash, using Recollections Halloween paper and Stampin Up Halloween Paper.
I made this Tim Holtz Banner, "Trick or Treat".  Hangs over my spooky dining room.  Black sheets are there for the holidays.
Cut from Birthday Bash and the frames/ font are a Sophisticated cut.  I added beads from Walmart and skulls are a $1 store necklace cut up.
This BIG Banner is "Happy Halloween"
The charms are Walmart and the tulle is from an old Halloween costume.  This glitter spiders are a $1 store find.

Happy Halloween!
Candles
Cheap-o-la...You can make this on a budget...promise!  I picked these candelabras up from Michaels for $12 at 50% off.  I bought them on a day they there was an additional 25% off so in the end they were less than…

Altered Halloween Advent Calendar w/ Video

WOW, I think this is my biggest Halloween project yet.  It took me 5 days to complete and I could have kept adding!!!  As you know I adore Halloween and yes I have begun bringing out my Halloween goodies.  Lots of photos in this post and there is so much to see.  So lets get into the project and get you inspired for Halloween!
I was asked by Scrapbooker's Paradise (where I teach) to make one of these Kaiser Craft Shadow Boxes...with a Halloween Theme!!!  Arm twisted and mission accepted.  I am going all Tim on this one! I started by spraying all the pieces with a Hammered Finish in a gun metal grey. The set even comes with numbers;) I used My Minds Eye Happy Haunting paper to create each box with a great pattern paper background.  Then using all my Tim Holtz goodies and $1 Store finds I went to town decorating.  I used various numbers from the rub ons, metal numbers, wooden and those that came with the Shadow Box.   Be sure to dry fit before gluing!  It took me 4 hours to die cut…

Halloween Laminated Fridge Magnets

BOO... how could this be scary!

This week the Xyron Team is showing off LAMINATE!  I have been dying to make some pumpkin magnets!  So I did!  I could have kept going with my laminating my Halloween Dies but one must exercise restraint.  After all, this is my first time making Halloween Magnets.


I cut my pumpkin and face first. I wanted to have the ability to ink the way I wanted. But I also did a couple of cuts pre inked too so I could try it out. It's all about experimenting!
I did ink up my pumpkin and add a little distressing to the edges.  Get the pieces ready... they are going through the Creative Station!

With the inked up and already laminated chipboard ready to be cut... here's where I have no idea if it will work.  To keep control I cut facing down.  After all, these are laminated and I can't go back and ink!  IT WORKED and the rest are easily trimmed.
I can't believe how freakin' adorable and easy these are.  They took no time to make and just think of wha…