Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

London

I am sad to see another senseless act of violence in the world.  I feel so sad for all the people who are worried and affected.  

I wanted to show my thoughts are with them and I kept thinking of my London Sights stamp set.... and my new art journal


I was just going to create a tag... but....


I found this metal crown in my stash and used it as a topper for my messy bow.


I inked a distress mixed media tag with blueprint sketch and candied apple spray stain.


I cut the word Strength with the new Sizzix Broadway die with leather paper.


I love the Small Talk words.  Always handy!


I used some texture paste tinted with barn door and hickory smoke re-inker.  The bricked stencil makes a perfect textured background.


The page is coated in white gesso and blended distress crayons.


Thinking of all my friends across the pond.

Sharing with...

A Vintage Journey- All Aboard
Country View Challenges- Inspired by Tim Holtz
 
 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. What a lovely post, today has been a reminder of the sad world we live in but it's also show strength in nation that will not give in to terrorists. Your journal is very inspiring thanks for sharing it today .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree... we need all the love and positivity we can get.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Nicole for your thoughts and sentiments today and for creating such a beautiful London page in your journal. Yes indeed these are worrying times that individuals and groups can wreak such havoc on our streets and kill and maim innocent people but staying strong and moving forward is the motto of the moment. Huge hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take care Brenda! I hope we can all just keep spreading the love <3

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful tribute to those innocent victims of such senseless violence in London yesterday Nicole. Your journal cover is both throughtful and beautiful, I love how you did the wonderfully distressed brickwork and I thank you for sharing this with us at A Vintage Journey. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry Anne this has happened. Please take care and I am thinking of you!

      Delete
  4. A beautiful journal and a lovely tribute. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth for stopping by and your lovely comment.

      Delete
  5. Great page as a tribute to this horrible act of violence. It´s really sad what´s happening around the world (here in Germany we had something quite similar in Berlin short to Christmas last year).
    Love your background and your meaningful page.
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Country View Challenges!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is wonderful Nicole. I love your stencilled background and the feeling that you have put into your piece. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a great week. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely page and beautiful tribute to London after this terrible tragedy all too common these latest months - love the brick and black smudgy-ness of the background Nicole - thanks for joining us in the AVJ Birthday challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts