Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Specimen No. 5

Wouldn't we all like one of these sitting on the table. What a pretty specimen this would make.
Today I am sharing a tutorial for Sizzix using the Flower Garden and Mini Bouquet.  You can get the Framelits to go with the Mini Bouquet and Flower Garden Stamps.  No fussy cutting!  Well I was going through my "Library" of dies looking for the Apothecary die and I found the Bell Jar w/Pedestal first...so it wins!


The best part about these stamps... no cutting!  Stamp and line up the Framelit.  Every flower needs a butterfly and the Butterfly Duo w/Texture Fade is exceptional.


The Magrnetic Platform is essential for the Framelits and Thinlits.  It helps to use a little washi to hold the famelits in place so it won't shift.  Plastic packaging is perfect for the Bell Jar glass portion.


I used the new Mixed Media #8 Distress Tags with the Flourish Texture Fade.  Once the tag is embossed I covered the tag with gesso.  While that takes a few moments to dry I hauled out the Magenta Nuance Powders.


Blending with the powders is simple.  You can also spritz like I did here with the duo butterfly then shake the powder.  The colour is intense.  I cut 2 flower heads to layer.


When the inking is dry add some Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles for that shimmery look.  I wanted the tag to be subtle next to the brightness of the flower.


Apply distress crayon and blend.  Gently wipe off exposing the embossed flourish.  Ready the Bell Jar die cut with Scrapbook Adhesive 3D Foam Squares.


Loving the glassy look.



 I would have loved the tag on it's own I think.


A little saying with Small Talk from Idea-Ology.


The duo butterfly is a big pop in colour!


Layered and fluttery.


Tied off with a bow.



Time to pull out some inks, powders, dies and stamps.  Spring is around the corner and it's time to create some bouquets.


List of Products

Distress Crayon- twisted citron, tumbled glass, antique linen
Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles
Crinkle Ribbon
Watercolor Paper




 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. You always make me try out new things... This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful--REALLY! I love those layered flowers and butterflies! Your background and shabby bow are so gorgeous! I'm learning so much here tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts