Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Going Round in Circles

I am guest blogging today over at A Vintage Journey and I'm so excited to share this Mixed Media Masculine canvas.  Here's a quick tutorial using supplies I'm sure you already have available in your craft room!


I started by adding some Magenta Nuance Powder Dyes to my canvas then blended with water and a watercolor pen.  A little heat to speed things along.
Layering circles can happen in many ways.  Here I stamped through my Splotches stencil.  I used the ring for my sticky tape to get the large circle, cap for smaller circles and the end of my pencil.  Simply dipped in distress paint.

Using black soot distress crayon on the large circle by smearing.  I stamped my image however due to the texture I decided to add some black soot by simply coloring.

It's always a good idea to add gears when creating a masculine project.  Gadget Gears #2 is coated in these vibrant Emerald Creek Embossing Powders. 


Every Man...


Love these gears in metallic embossing powders from Emerald Creek.


A clock part from Southern Ridge Trading Co. is a perfect tie.


The distress crayon black soot is great to add to the hat to help fill in the texture from the canvas.


A cap and eraser can do wonders.


Simple and Masculine.


I hope you liked my little canvas.  These techniques can be used on a card, tag, journal... anything!  Thank you for popping in :)

 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. I just LOVE the techniques you have used on this little canvas and I am so thrilled that you could join us at A Vintage Journey, it is such a pleasure to see you there as our Guest! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts