Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Vintage Diorama Ornament

I love the simplicity of  these Vintage Diorama Ornaments.  


I haven't come across any so it looks like I get to make some.  These are the clear plastic photo ornaments.  When you  take them apart they become 2 ornaments costing me pennies.  They are tiny so I kept the decorating to a minimum.  Which is never easy!
I coated the inside of the ornament in clear rock candy distress glitter.


See, just clear and plastic... what a little glitter and ink can't accomplish.



I cut the Dimensional Star to float in the center and wrapped with tinsel twine to hide the lip of the ornament.


This one is the same but I used the antique linen distress glitter.


The mini red lantern is hung and wrapped in pine twine.


My second ornament I painted with candied apple distress paint and coated with clear rock candy. 


I painted the deer, spritzed the mini tree and added a teen pinecone.  I used the Bow Punch for the tiding bow.


The outside gets a coat of glitter too!  The 4th ornament is drying.


Hung from the tree.


It can be hard not to fill it.


I love the woodland feel of this one.


My empty little tree is slowly filling up with homemade vintage inspired ornaments.  I have fun every year adding to it.  


A Vintage Journey- Winter Magic
Southern Ridge- Christmas and New Years

 

Comments

  1. What a great idea! I just love seeing what you create and these are no exception! Beautiful, your tree must be looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FABULOUS idea - you are always an inspiration to me xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea Nicole, they all look beautiful but the star one has stolen my heart, it is so very pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea, lovely ornaments! Love them all but partial to the star and deer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic ornaments Nicole! Thanks for playing along on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog.
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge Trading Company

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts