Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Vintage Cutter

I'm still adding decorations to my tree.  I have been wanting to make some cookie cutter ornaments and I found these cute metal trees... only 2 left so I snapped them up.  These are pretty easy to make with just a few items needed.


Start by tracing out some paper... I used Tidings paper scraps.  I applied some Matte Medium with a brush on the inside of the cutter and coated with clear rock candy glitter for a vintage sugary look.  


That got me thinking I needed to make the outside vintage too.  For that vintage look Mirrored Platinum embossing powder is embossed to the exterior of the cookie cutter.  It tones down that shiny metal cutter.  Trim the paper, glue to the cutter and grab some embellishments.


I created a Rustic Woodland ornament with pine twine, pinecones and the trophy antlers.


Embossing the outside of the cutter has a vintage look now.


Loving the antlers and tidings paper.


The sugary inside is so pretty.


The 2nd cutter is simple and pretty.


I love the simple cream, white and silver.


I used the wee deer and mini tree for this cutter topped with a teeny mirrored star.


Hanging on the tree they will catch the light. I need to find more... 6 altogether should do it.  These are so easy and quick to make.  The cutters can be found anywhere right now and in different shapes.  Oh perhaps a star next!

A Vintage Journey- Winter Magic
Southern Ridge- Christmas and New Years


 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. Fabulous decorations Nicole x you make it sound so easy too!!! Must look out for some cutters xx thank you for travelling with us this month at AVJ.....always great to have you on board

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love these Nicole, love the Rock Candy on the inside of the cutters and how have I missed that Mirrored Platinum embossing powder? It's going onto my next order for sure! Love the stag and that wonderful fawn too, perfect adornments for your Christmas tree! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, what can I say? You have done it again, these ornaments are fabulous!! I love that you used cookie cutters and the subtle glitter looks amazing!

    Thanks so much for joining in our Winter Magic challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a neat idea! Nicole You have crafted up those cookie cutters wonderfully . Love the vintaged look you gave to the outer sides.
    Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey .
    Happy New Year
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Christmas Tree Ornaments! Thanks for playing along on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog.
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge Trading Company

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts