Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Twist and Style Boo

All the spooky things are coming, they are creeping and they are ready to get you!
I just got my first batch of creepy dies and I have been "dying" to use my new Twist and Style Tool from Eileen Hull.  This tool can do so much.  It can be used to create dimension, jewelry, mixed media, borders!  Explore your creativity.  Click on the link above for Details.
Beware the Zombie

So I literally have no idea what I'm going to make with my new dies and the Twist and Style Tool.  I am loving how easy and fast it is though.  WOW!


I haven't used my Flower Pocket die yet.  Seems like a good option... especially with a Zombie popping out.  


I used my long strand of wire to write "BOO"


OK, lets try distress crayons on Kraft Resist.  


Don't forget... these dry quick so don't apply the colors then blend.  Bad... I am demoing so you'll know!  Yep... that's me not screwing up!  Anyway, once I fixed my "teaching" moment I exposed some of the resits.  Ohhhh... Ahhhhh!


Lets try some Crazing before we use crayons.  While that dries (in moments) I cut up some Leather Paper using the Alphanumeric Marquee... Like a Boss!


Lookie... the Crazing worked.  A lot of smearing and spritzing.



I ink a lot of my own paper.  So here's a thought... save it for little cutting jobs like the Handwritten Halloween "Beware".  Add some Fall Foliage cuts.  Secret... I cut these up in batches with my fall color distress paper.  Then I leave them in a container... waiting.


Groan...


I attached the Boo on top.


I usually make my own pinecones.  But I do like to collect the wee ones.  


The things scraps can turn in to!  


The pre-cut Fall Foliage is a time saver.


 Check out this SNEAK PEEK from Emerald Creek Craft Supplies... a  creepy spider charm inked with honeycomb and meadow alcohol inks.  These Creepy Crawlers will be available in September.


So, some of the twisted citron got caught in his mouth.  Or is that ZOMBIE FOAM!


Bring on the FALL Crafts!


Check out all the fun and other Team projects by clicking the photo below.


Get creepy!

Sharing over at

Anything But Cute- Shabby Garden (all my leafy, pine cone bits)

 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. This is fantastic Nicole and what a fun tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeepers creepers!! What a awesomely frightening piece!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Nicole, that is fabulous! And of course Eileen's Flower Pocket die should have a zombie popping out of it, makes perfect sense to me :OD Love that you formed the word BOO from the Twist and Style wire and love the Distress crayons on the resist paper. Thanks for sharing this great tutorial and I too am a firm believer in keeping every single little scrap of Distress coloured paper because you never know when it will come in handy ;O) Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta keep those scraps! Especially if you made the paper!

      Delete
  4. This is absolutely brilliant Nicole, I just adore the zombie and I love your twisted wire Boo, it looks fabulous. Great tutorial too! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne... I am looking forward to you getting that Zombie!

      Delete
  5. Brilliant, especially love the wire word.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Straight into the Halloween Hall of Fame bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful details on this Nicole! love the lantern the zombie is holding - and the fun BOO twisted wire - a spooky fun Halloween decoration! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll take a dozen pockets full of Zombies! Love your tutorial--made me giggle to know YOU make crafty boo-boos! GET IT?? BOO-BOOS'S???? What a great way to use those new Halloween dies and Distress crayons! My favorite part is the spider! Tee Hee! You are the Queen of Halloween, and I can't wait to see all your creepy projects this season!

    Before I forget, thank you for joining our Shabby Garden Mood Board challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to still have that paper in your stash. This is so original and just plain cool!!! LOVE every detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a couple of the Halloween Kraft packs. You know me and Halloween! HOARD!

      Delete
  10. Oh, what a fun, unique and a super cool project, Nicole! I love everything about this marvelous piece!
    Thank you so much for joining in our Shabby Garden Mood Board challenge at Anyhting But Cute! Branka DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicole,
    Everything in this design is fun, the zombie, the twist and style "Boo", the "lettuce" in the flower pocket. Really fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts