Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Along the Garden path

It's been a full week of fun with the Eileen Hull Inspiration Team  teaming up with Stampendous for their Along the Garden Path Blog Hop.  

We were sent a stamp and die set to create with.  I used a couple of the stamps to create this Needle Book Keepsake.  




I was sent this "cute" Mushroom Home stamp and die set.  I am not into "cute" so there it is...challenge accepted.  My goal is to take a cute stamp and make it into my style.  Love it...

For this project I used the circle and wee brick stamps on the Needle Book die cut.  I stamped the images onto the mat board.  Then with distress micro glaze I created a barrier for the spray to coat over. I used my distress spray's broken china, vintage photo, black soot and brushed pewter.  Then inside is all stamped and inky too.


Once I got to the inside I had a little fun with the small chat words.  I attached the stitched cameo popped in a photo booth image and coated it with glossy accents.


I love the finished look of this Needle Book.  On the front I added some gears I layered up.


You wouldn't even know these are for a Mushroom House.


Cutting the small chat phrase up and distressing it looks great when you open it up.


I love the stitched cameo  and vintage image.  The small bubbles add to that vintage feel.


The stamped variety of circles and spray's make for a rich background.




I love how these layered gears work with the stamps.


I hope I've inspired you to look at your stash differently.  It's a great way to really get the most out of your stamps.  Be free and let your imagination soar.  By just using a couple of stamps in this way you would have no idea these are from a Mushroom House.  How fun!

Thanks for stopping by.


  You can check out this week's other posts from:




 
 photo NWD Signature.png

Comments

  1. Yay! I can't believe how different you and Pam were with the mushroom set. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to make it your style Nicole! I love it! The steamy gears are singing to me girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for being hand picked by Eileen Hull to create something unique for the blog hop! It's always good to see a fellow Canuck participating.
    Your mini album looks great. I have been so amazed at the way the designers on this blog hop have given these stamps and dies a real twist to make them so versatile.
    Thanks for sharing your awesome work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combo and I love that you made the stamp set work for your style Nicole- very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not everybody is into cute. that's a good thing - we get lots of different ideas than the norm.
    Great project.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always fun to see how one can take a set that's one style and turn it into something a totally different style! I like your needle book and it's grungy feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible! LOVE your grunge theme for this needle book keepsake, the layered gears framed with the mushroom spots are great! Thank you for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Were can I get this stamp/die set

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely made it your style! Love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you thought outside the box to make this project. Love all of your great details and elelments. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many different ways to use this stamp and die set. I really love all the different ways that everyone is showing on this blog hop. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing project. Love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one awesome steampunky needle book! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the staining, stamping and decorating of your wonderful grunge covers! Very creative way to use this 'cute' set in your style!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! I never would have guessed that this was made with the Mushroom House set!!! Awesome creation!! LOVE the colors!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like how you used these products to fit your style.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE what you did with the stamps Nicole, your needlebook looks fabulous!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great use of the stamps in the set to make something to your taste! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! You took and made it Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Should say "took cute and made it Cool!"

    ReplyDelete
  21. Could have sworn I already left a comment on your fabulous creation Nicole but I must have done it in my dreams! Love how you grunged up those cute stamps, way to make them your own! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts