Skip to main content

Menacing Monstrosity

I had every intention of creating a Tag for this months 12 Tags of 2015 October Tag.  As I was on my way to the #10 Tag I planned on using I saw one of my 4x6 canvases and then this happened. When I create I always have an idea or I follow a technique.  I am not a planner so I go with what catches my creative fancy in that moment. 
I really like the new Sizzix Monster die so this guy had to creepy my project.  I could only pick one so this is the one I went with!  
(I want all the dies but my budget and I don't always agree)



I wanted him to be metal.  Since I don't have any metallic paper I looked at what I do have to achieve this metal look... alcohol inks!  I started by cutting my Monster with Ranger's Glossy Paper.


You can't even tell he is made out of paper.  


I love this bright Halloween Canvas using distress spray stains wilted violet, carved pumpkin and twisted citron.


On the canvas I used the Halloween stencil and texture paste after I inked. To get the colours more intense I used distress inks.  


Look at this wee brush bottle tree inked as candy corn using carved pumpkin and fossilized amber distress spray stains.  


I was planning on misting the crinkle ribbon to bleed the carved pumpkin and twisted citron...BUT... I left it ;)


More alcohol inks with botanical on the trophy I cut in half.


I inked the Toil and Trouble Alpha parts with a punch of carved pumpkin distress paint.


I decided he needed a bow tie so an alpha parts bat and spider will do.


I attached the inked up clip to the top and another spider.


The side is stamped with this saying from the Undertaker set.  Also here you can see where I cut the trophy in half.  BTW... the other half did not make it.


I offset the eyes so they look droopy! 


With the bright colours of the canvas this muted metallic monster pops!


Even though it's not a tag I plan on using it as apart of my Halloween Display.  I hope your creating something creepy!  

Happy Haunting... with some creepy challenges.

Tim Holtz- 12 Tags of 2015 
Frilly and Funkie- Something Wicked


 
 photo NWD Signature.png

Comments

  1. Fabulous rendition! LOVE the clip board clip, and the tree! Awesome take!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you I could only go for one too. As much as I love the zombie I am really drawn to the monster now too, you have made him look amazing! I love the droopy eyes! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you monster!!!!!beautiful and frighteful! As always an incredible project! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea to use the tag design in this way Nicole! Love the metallic version. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Canada 150

IT'S CANADA'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!  
A bunch of us Crafty Canadian's along with Scrap n' Stamp got together to celebrate our countries 150th Birthday!  You should be arriving from Amy's blog.  If you're just arriving you'll want to start at the beginning HERE.
"We are blog hopping today in celebration of Canada’s 150th Birthday, sharing projects featuring the cute new ‘Busy Beaver’ stamp & die set by Taylored Expressions! Be sure to leave comments along the way because Scrap N’ Stamp Canada has some prizes to give away randomly- $150 in gift certificates (3 lucky people will get $50 gc’s) and a Busy Beaver set with a bonus maple leaf tag die! Winners will be randomly chosen and announced on the Scrap n' Stamp Blog on Monday!"
Check out my Birthday Card celebrating Canada Day but also it's my husband's birthday today too!  The Busy Beaver stamp and die set is featured and the star of this card.  



I coloured the Busy Beaver with Oxi…

Liberty

HEY USA... IT'S ALMOST YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!

Celebrating the 4th of July with this patriotic card.  Since I have all these adorable paper dolls I dug through and found this pretty little girl holding the flag and wearing a pretty little sash.  My Mom's husband is American and this is his first July 4th since moving to Canada.  I wanted to whip up a card celebrating his homeland.

I finally get to use some of my seasonal paper with all these patriotic images.

My paper doll is coloured up with distress markers.

I added the dog... even he is inky with antique linen.

I inked the background and used the stars stencil... subtle and pretty.

Happy {almost} July of 4th

I hope all my American Friends a very special Happy Birthday.  Thanks for stopping by for this Canadian version on a Patriotic card. 

Wildflowers

I may live in a snow globe but I can dream of Wildflowers!  
Just dusting off the cobwebs on my blog.  I try to take a creative break or slowdown during Jan/ Feb.  However, I have been creating still!  So, I did just get Sizzix shipment with some new goodies including the new Wildflowers 2!

I have all the floral dies but the wildflowers are my thing!  I love them.  I started cutting the Wildflowers,Wildflowers 2 and the new Small Tattered Florals.  All the flowers are inked with Magenta Nuance Pigment Powders.

The Small Tattered Florals are so teeny!  I just found a set of Stylus Tools... it came in a 3 pack and I wasn't sure if I need 3 but YA I do!  Spray and roll!
Look how the smallest floral rolls with the smallest stylus tool.  SCORE!  Embossing time.

I also got the new Flourish Texture Fadeand it is awesome. For inking I used Eileen Hull Colorbox Color Blends.  Creating strips of color with the built in sponge and blending with my blending pen.

This Watering Can is so adora…