Skip to main content

Brick and Mortar

It's a new week of challenges to share at Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge.   What technique do you love?  I love a lot of techniques so I can't pick just one.  I went whit what I wanted to play with at the time.  Since I love all my stuff really anything works.  In this case...texture paste!

Using texture paste adds a stunning element to your creations.  I love how it can be inked, stamped and manipulated creating a fantastic layer.


For this canvas I started with a little gesso smeared randomly.  Then some stamping and yep, texture paste and stencils.


The Ephemera is growing on me.  I am starting to use my huge stash more.


I inked the edges and layered the roses.


I was given an old photo album full of amazing people, places and random stuff all around the 1940's.  So I used my distress markers for some colour.


After the stenciled texture paste is dry you can just add distress spray stain.  Amazing colour!


I inked up a framed alpha part.


Don't forget the sides for stamping.  But don't press hard...let it be vintage looking.


Adorn a metal area and done in no time!


Thanks Flurry for watching over my photo session.  


Are you ready to share with us your beloved technique.  You could win a $50 gift!


Instagram

If you use instagram add  #sssmchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too!

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time!
 
 photo BlogPostsignature.png

Comments

  1. Gorgeous stencilled texture - one of my favourite techniques too (in fact I quite often forget that you can do anything else with stencils!). Love this beautiful collage with its fab background.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work of art Nicole :-) I just love the whole design of this, absolutely stunning!
    Love the pic with Flurry too ;-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful canvas, Nicole! I love the colors and how you embellished!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing project! Love the stamping along the sides, clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The background and all the embellishments are gorgeous. Love your creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, love your delicate color choice and background is fab! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely texture on your card! It's a beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love how you brought together the elements so beautifully on your canvas. Love the texture in the background and how it frames the gorgeous focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty canvas! The picture is so cool! So much texture, love it! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful canvas Nicole and I love all the layered elements, they look wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Grinch

I am so excited to share this Tutorial with you!  This is a tutorial on how to "draw" an image to scale!  How to take a small image and make it life size using a grid pattern.  I'm sure if you are on Pinterest like I am you've seen The Grinch stealing Christmas lights.  I looked for a tutorial on how to make my own but I couldn't find one.  Not to say someone hasn't created a tutorial.  So, I decided to create my own.  With the help of my husband who created the Grid pattern for me to make these characters come to life.  Much like he did for my daughter's Union Jack Headboard.  Keep in mind, this is NOT A COPY of The Grinch.  Before you consider purchasing the class...you will have to DRAW him yourself.  In this class you'll be shown how to grid a print out and grid your plywood so you can "DRAW BY NUMBER" if you will.  Even if you can't draw... you can draw the lines in each grid connecting them to the next grid.  I can draw but not s…

New Release- Stamp and Photo Storage

All month the Inspiration Team for Eileen Hull is thrilled to be showing off the her newest Book Club Collection.  Here's my little glimpse at the Stamp and Photo Storagedie.  There is nothing this decent size die can't do... or hold!  In this case Letter's to Santa.  I even combined the Trinket Box & Frame to frame out Santa.


I stamped the Woodland Winter Santa designed by yours truly onto watercolor paper and used my Scribble sticks to add a little color.
I cut a piece of clear packaging and ran it through my little Xyron Disposable Sticker Makerto create a cover for my Santa.  Perfection!

I colored up the Floral Arch and Words arch to attach to the bottom and top and attached.  I used some Distress Woodgrain Cardstock to wrap my Stamp and Photo Storage. I cut Super StockCardstock to fit inside.  Inking and stamping like crazy all tied off with some postal twine.  The Correspondence Stamp Set is perfect.


I mounted the Trinket Box & Frame to the Stamp and Storage…

Pumpkin Parts Thanksgiving w/ Xyron

While my Thanksgiving may be over it is coming soon south of the border.

Xyronis getting ready for holiday season and what better way then with the Pumpkin Parts die cut.  This easy card is layered with paper and ink to create a festive pumpkin card.  The team will be sharing their fall inspired projects all week so be sure to pop by for lots of inspiration.



The Create a Sticker is great for all the smaller pieces to layer and quickly put together.  For a quick background stamp the craft sheet with Distress Oxides, spray and drag.
I cut Thanksgiving from the Sentiment Words Thinlit and attached with the Sticker Maker.Fall Foliage has this little hay die cut that I added to the bottom of the pumpkin attached the Xyron Mega Runner.
I clipped a couple of the Twisted pieces for a little green for the top of the pumpkin.





Don't miss any of the inspiration with the rest of the Xyron Team.


EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}