Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Frilly and Funkie Monochromatic

I gotta say, Monochromatic is a challenge for me.  It's not something I do often so I did have to put some thought into this weeks Frilly and Funkie Challenge.

" make a project that uses basically one colour and its various hues and tones - a little white or cream can be added but unless that is the main colour, it needs to be just an accent."

I rarely make cards these days.  But sometimes it's nice to make something quick and easy.  This 5x5 easel card took about 25 min to whip together and it was easy!


I used watercolor paper to all my main pieces.  This way I get complete control on my colours.


I used brushed corduroy and fossilized distress inks on my craft mat then sprayed with water.  I dragged all my watercolor pieces through and dried.


I love the layered bee and mixed media thinlits together.


To get these droplet effect dray through the colour and dry a bit.  Then take the paper and dab in the inky droplets at random.  This will pick up the darker drops of ink.


To pull the honeycomb into the rest of the card I inked using the honeycomb stencil.  I stamped "love" from the "I love you" stamp from Handwritten Sentiments.


All opened up the Handwritten stamp and Thinlits all go well together.


This is my version of a Sympathy Card.  Using inks to watercolor your background is super fast when you need a simple card.

Be sure to pop in and share your Monochromatic Creations with us!  Have fun!


 
 photo BlogPostsignature.png

Comments

  1. A gorgeous easel card Nicole which gives the impression of having been dipped in honey. I love how you've placed the handwritten words too. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh the queen bee moment. :) Love the beautiful monochromatic color scheme with the kraft to enhance it. Now I see the likeness. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is breathtaking Nicole!!! WOW!!! I am pretty much speechless, I LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous card in wonderful summery colours x fab

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am now in love with the Fossilized Amber, have not opened mine yet but I can't wait now! I think the background you created is beautiful and I love the whole design of your card Nicole. I wish I could create something as beautiful in that time! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sensational, Nicole. I agree with everyone that you have really sold us on the Fossilized Amber. Gorgeous work with that cool mixed media stencil and the wonderful bee die cut. Gorgeous distressing work too. What a beauty!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, Nicole !!! The background is amazing
    . www.jackrabbitcreates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Nicole. It's unreal that you just used one colour! Love the way you carried the front inside the card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zoe:) I found this challenge a challenge for me.

      Delete
  9. Love how well thought out this card is, and those warms hues if orange are so yummy, I thinking I need some honey on toast!! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicole, wonderful monochromatic card, and I agree, the honey bee and the thinlits work so well together. Absolutely amazing coloring for your background and just a breathtaking card! Well done! And I just added some honey (homegrown from my neighbor) to my barbecue sauce and your color couldn't look closer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Nicole, such warm and rich colours and wonderful sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So gorgeous. I have trouble doing a monochromatic look, but when I do I always love it. I love the bee on there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. For someone who said they have a hard time with monochromatic, you sure nailed it. I love the warm honey colour that goes so perfectly with that gorgeous bee and the honeycomb.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts