Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Surprise Online Baby Shower

What do you do when you can't attend a Baby Shower on the other side of the world...you hold a virtual one!  
Anna-Karin Evaldsson is a very special member of the Eileen Hull Inspiration Team. Last year there were a lot of changes in her life, including a move from one continent to another and just a few months later, a new baby! Leo arrived weeks ahead of schedule (and just 20 minutes after reaching the hospital!) but thankfully he and Anna-Karin are both doing well. 

We want to show Anna-Karin how special she is to us, so we are giving her a virtual baby shower today to celebrate Leo's birth! Even though we can't be with her, we send our love and a special crafty surprise. We invite you to visit each team member/shower guest's blog to see what they created for this new little guy. 

If you have a message for Anna-Karin, please visit Eileen's blog to leave your well wishes in the comments- then she can read them all at once. Thanks for being part of our celebration!

I decided to create Anna-Karin's card using the 12 Tags of 2015 March Tag techniques.  I love all the vibrant colors, perfect for this baby shower card.

I lined up all my pretty distress paints...

I don't have a lot of washi...but I had enough.


Had to use the Lion from the Big Top stamp set.


Clear embossing powder...check.


Mask...check, check.


With my new Dollar Store Tins inked with DecoArts Chalky paint right on my desk, my Wendy Vecchi goodies are a quick grab.


I used the Arrows stencil and cornflower embossing powder.


I also used the stars stencil for the rest of the card accented with tree branch embossing powder.


I like to use a small paint brush to dust off some on the embossing powder before I heat set.


I cut "Leo" on mat board using the XL Vintage Market die.  Inked with cracked pistachio, broken china and brushed pewter.


Look how it all shines!


I attached the metal Love and hammered out the brad.


I decided to attach LEO with my tiny attacher.


A little more metal never hurts.


I inked the edges with black soot distress ink.


I used the sentiment from Big Top for the inside card.


I wanted the lion to peek on the paper so I colored some of his head with my distress marker.


I stamped without a block just in the corner.


Everything is stamped, distressed and ready to assemble.


I love how this turned out...the perfect baby boy card.


His name pops above the enamel texture.


I love the stenciled arrows.


The embossed lion looks amazing and the mask was great!


I'm trying to remember to decorate the inside of cards too.  I love the peeking lion.



Welcome to the World Leo!


I hope you like my Baby Card.  The techniques used for March Tag were great on a card.  I love all the bold colors and how "LEO" came out.  Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop by Anna-Karin's blog and welcome baby Leo too.

Check out the rest of the Design Team's awesome creations!



 photo BlogPostsignature.png

Comments

  1. This is the perfect card for a cool cat named Leo. Love all the great techniques and yes, the peeking lion is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful boy card! I love it and will case your idea a little. Having those stamps gave me some inspiration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just beautiful Nicole, your attention to details shines through and the lion looks so cute peeking up on the inside too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Nicole, love that you used the Lion image, perfect. Adore the vibrant colour palette and embossing and a lovely touch to decorate the inside too. Perfect sentiment. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a special card Nicole!! I love it! This baby shower is one of my best surprises ever, so very sweet of you all. The lion is perfect and I love your background and that wonderful inside panel with the lion peeking into the page. I was looking at that stamp set just the other day, thinking it would be a fun one to use for Leo. Thank you so very much!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a sweet idea and I love what you made for baby Leo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Nicole!! What a wonderful idea to celebrate the new baby on line and your card is such a dreamy make! Love the vibrant colours and that stamp is just so much fun! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful card and that image is definitely perfect for this occasion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the peeking lion! The whole card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous Nicole, love how vibrantly coloured and textured it is. The stamped and embossed lion is just 'the' business. Love your creation x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, fits perfect for sweet little Leo!!! Love all the details and textures, wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card & so perfect for a baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fun colorful textured card for Leo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great idea to use Tim's March tag principles for this gorgeous card Nicole! LOVE those bold colours and the clever design. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful colors, Nicole!! Love all the special touches as well - including that wonderful lion front and peeking! Very cute card for Baby Leo! xx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous card! I love all the special touches! Perfect card for Leo! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is wonderful! LOVE the color and the lion!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful card and a great idea to have a virtual baby shower! Congrats to Anna-Karin and welcome to the world Leo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nicole you rocked this card! It's amazing ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome techniques! Little Leo will enjoy this for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG ... card is too cute ... love your techniques ( March was an awesome technique with the tags ! ) ... love how you " carried " it to this card ! Fabulous job !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts