I was really worried I would miss this months tag. I have made a commitment to create every month. A couple weeks ago I injured my back. All those new Sizzix dies and I haven't touched one of them. And sitting in my craft room isn't really comfortable. So, taking it slow, breaking a lot and a few Advil I have managed to create the tag.
I am a coastal girl and hail from Vancouver Island. So, these Sizzix dies I fell in love with!
I followed Tim's technique's.
Creating the sand was a new one for me. I really loved how it turned out.
When I was picking out all my Sizzix goodies I "almost" got the embossing folder Tim used. Ugh, I should have. But the rays one worked out perfect.
I love adding distress paint to my word bands.
A lot of great techniques this month which made it a lot of fun.
I'm off to YELLOWSTONE tomorrow in my motor home along with my adorable husband, 3 kids, dog and towing my Jeep! One of my favorite National Parks to visit. I'll be dragging my butt through the park with this sore back. But I cannot wait! So, I'm really happy I managed to get this done before I go.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my July tag that almost didn't happen. Now to ice my back and rest!
WOW, I think this is my biggest Halloween project yet. It took me 5 days to complete and I could have kept adding!!! As you know I adore Halloween and yes I have begun bringing out my Halloween goodies. Lots of photos in this post and there is so much to see. So lets get into the project and get you inspired for Halloween!
I was asked by Scrapbooker's Paradise (where I teach) to make one of these Kaiser Craft Shadow Boxes...with a Halloween Theme!!! Arm twisted and mission accepted. I am going all Tim on this one! I started by spraying all the pieces with a Hammered Finish in a gun metal grey.
The set even comes with numbers;)
I used My Minds Eye Happy Haunting paper to create each box with a great pattern paper background. Then using all my Tim Holtz goodies and $1 Store finds I went to town decorating. I used various numbers from the rub ons, metal numbers, wooden and those that came with the Shadow Box.
Be sure to dry fit before gluing! It took me 4 hours to die cut…
Creepy coffin, I love this one! I saw these little wooden coffins at the $1 Store and had to get one. I ended up making this for a class and everyone loved making them. Halloween is the best! All the creepy stuff I get away with creating!
I picked up these great skeletons at Michaels on a string of garland...6 per rope. With a little force he fits!
I made a template of the coffin and cut Tim Holtz Laboratorie paper to fir in the back.
I accidentally broke my skeleton's arm. Oops! So, I glued his arm holding the glitter pumpkin. SAVE!
I picked up these skulls on a bracelet for $1. Layering the Curiosities Coffin is key! You want to look at the layers, like mesh, pen nib and a spider!
I added the "shelves" using popsicle sticks cut to size. This way it has a cabinet feel.
The Apothecary Remnant Rubs are so perfect of the glass bottles full of eyes!
Adding a little Spanish Moss makes it all creepy.
I LOVE HIM!
After the sprayed coffins were dry I sanded them to …
The Monsters and Creeps are out and around. So lock your doors to keep safe and sound. If you are looking for a great Halloween card that is UNDER 10 MINUTES to build this is it. I made a variety of these to give you different ideas of creeps you can make. From start to finish these Halloween cards are a breeze and would be perfect for a class, office and for some friends. I made these in between making projects...mostly waiting for things to dry! The googlie eyes are different sizes make them so cute. All the cards are stamped with Scrappy Moms Stamps Halloween set Bewitched! Mummy
Frankenstein Candy Corn Vampire, I love this one! I didn't distress the white glitter paper. Then added this red glitter glue to the fangs. Ghost, I posted this the other day HERE All my fun cards together I cut the cards to 5x5. Then I cut a 4 3/3x 4 3/4 black for the black behind the googlie eyes. Pick your coloured carstock and rip. I distressed the torn edges a bit then…