Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Skate Ornamnet


These big dies are great for making ornaments.  I have been seeing them all over the place.  I wanted to make something fun and attach it to some homemade bread and just give it away!  And that's what I did.  These skate ornaments were fast to make since I don't have a lot of time!
 
I cut a piece of grungeboard and painted it with picket fence.  Once dried I cut the skates out.  I laced them with some red and white twine I had.  I did a better job this time!


I inked the heel with gathered twigs and the metal with brushed pewter.  I sanded it up a but then threw on some frayed burlap.
 

I attached some tinsel twine to the back with a tiny attacher and then hot glued some more in red.  I stamped the sentiment hoping it would fit and for the most part it did!
 

You can hang them on a tree.  These would be great little gifts to give to your guests on Christmas if you have them for dinner.  If I have time I may do that!
 

In my case I attached them to homemade bread I made this morning.

 
I folded some parchment and wrapped the bread.  I added a piece of this foil garland.  It's on a wire so it twists really nice.  Then I attached the ornament.
 

These can go on the tree, attach to gifts or hang off a wine bottle.  Or even attach to some homemade bread, treats or jar gifts! 
 

3 comments:

  1. as I mentioned on face book.. I love them and will try to make some tag/ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out great Nicole.
    these would made an awesome gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole, the skate is beautiful. One of my favorite shapes to work with.I like everything about the tag. So cheery. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.