Once I learned how to do the Chalk Art
technique I thought how pretty it might be on a card. Well, 3:15am I woke up with this card all mapped out. Getting inspiration is great however in the middle of the night it can be hard to go back to sleep. All I want to do his head into my craft room and build. The Writing Desk die is a great Christmas card in the making.
The torn edges edge die works in harmony with the writing desk die. I used "both" edges.
I have the old Christmas stamp which is perfect for the this technique and die.
I created this eroded metal on the jar using black soot and antique bronze. I cut mini holly and inked with distress paint pine needles. After I painted pewter for the pen nib I added a little dab of black soot. Then everything is coated in clear rock candy paint. CRACKLE!!!
A simple piece of cream and stamped with a sentiment from Old Fashion Christmas.
Two pieces of 12x12 gives me 6, 4x6 cards.
Seventeen cards down...too many more to go. I hope you like my writing desk card using the chalk art technique. I love how these early morning cards worked out!
Did you miss in the Victorian Carolers? Click HERE to see them. More Christmas cards coming. Maybe they will inspire you:)
WOW, I think this is my biggest Halloween project yet. It took me 5 days to complete and I could have kept adding!!! As you know I adore Halloween and yes I have begun bringing out my Halloween goodies. Lots of photos in this post and there is so much to see. So lets get into the project and get you inspired for Halloween!
I was asked by Scrapbooker's Paradise (where I teach) to make one of these Kaiser Craft Shadow Boxes...with a Halloween Theme!!! Arm twisted and mission accepted. I am going all Tim on this one! I started by spraying all the pieces with a Hammered Finish in a gun metal grey.
The set even comes with numbers;)
I used My Minds Eye Happy Haunting paper to create each box with a great pattern paper background. Then using all my Tim Holtz goodies and $1 Store finds I went to town decorating. I used various numbers from the rub ons, metal numbers, wooden and those that came with the Shadow Box.
Be sure to dry fit before gluing! It took me 4 hours to die cut…
Creepy coffin, I love this one! I saw these little wooden coffins at the $1 Store and had to get one. I ended up making this for a class and everyone loved making them. Halloween is the best! All the creepy stuff I get away with creating!
I picked up these great skeletons at Michaels on a string of garland...6 per rope. With a little force he fits!
I made a template of the coffin and cut Tim Holtz Laboratorie paper to fir in the back.
I accidentally broke my skeleton's arm. Oops! So, I glued his arm holding the glitter pumpkin. SAVE!
I picked up these skulls on a bracelet for $1. Layering the Curiosities Coffin is key! You want to look at the layers, like mesh, pen nib and a spider!
I added the "shelves" using popsicle sticks cut to size. This way it has a cabinet feel.
The Apothecary Remnant Rubs are so perfect of the glass bottles full of eyes!
Adding a little Spanish Moss makes it all creepy.
I LOVE HIM!
After the sprayed coffins were dry I sanded them to …
The Monsters and Creeps are out and around. So lock your doors to keep safe and sound. If you are looking for a great Halloween card that is UNDER 10 MINUTES to build this is it. I made a variety of these to give you different ideas of creeps you can make. From start to finish these Halloween cards are a breeze and would be perfect for a class, office and for some friends. I made these in between making projects...mostly waiting for things to dry! The googlie eyes are different sizes make them so cute. All the cards are stamped with Scrappy Moms Stamps Halloween set Bewitched! Mummy
Frankenstein Candy Corn Vampire, I love this one! I didn't distress the white glitter paper. Then added this red glitter glue to the fangs. Ghost, I posted this the other day HERE All my fun cards together I cut the cards to 5x5. Then I cut a 4 3/3x 4 3/4 black for the black behind the googlie eyes. Pick your coloured carstock and rip. I distressed the torn edges a bit then…