Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Santa Soup plus a Bonus project

HAPPY 12/12/12
 
 
Ohhh aren't these cute! 
 
A great gift for kids if you're going to visit or a teacher gift...or even an office party gift!  Check out how I made these for the Christmas Table setting:)  Scroll to the bottom to see my Bonus Project!
 
I used my TH Pillow Box die (again) to create the suits.  Just remove the end flap with the notch.
 
 
I cut a strip of white for the collar and embossed it with that folder...Divine Swirl(?)  Then some punching for the buttons and buckle. 

 
I have a bunch of test tubes I picked up at my LSS.  Fill with a packet of hot chocolate (about half a pack), some crushed candy cane and a few mini marshmallows.
 
 
Then I made my little tag tied with twine.   Isn't this stamp adorable... Scrappy Moms Stamp from their new Christmas Cheer set.  Works perfect!

 
BONUS PROJECT!!!!
 
I made the same thing (made these first) but these are cutlery holders for the Christmas Table.  My BIL & SIL are hosting Christmas dinner in their home this year.  So, I made her 20 of these cutlery settings for her table.  I made 10 each of the red and green.  She can have kids one colour and adults another.  Or alternating colour for a more festive table setting. 
 
How festive these will look! 
 
 
These are really fast to make and one sheet of 8 1/2"x11" paper makes 2 pillow box cuts.  The best part...you can use up your scraps to build them.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful ideas here... love the Santa soup.. take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME Projects!TFS
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable.
    Great way to use this die!!!
    Wayne had this die in his hand for me when we were on our trip. But I didn't get it.
    I think Wayne has a man-crush on Tim Holtz products ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are sooo cute

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.