Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Teen Boy Birthday Card

{Oh those Boy Cards}

I may have forgotten I needed to make a birthday card for my sons friend today.  AND...I may have forgotten I needed to get his gift.  It's been a busy morning and I had 30 minutes to whip something together!  He's going paintballing so no time and it's still drying!


I cut out the 31 from the BOO TIM HOLTZ die and that made my "13".  I cut out the 31 using a coke box and copper paper.  Then I coated it in Dazzeling Diamonds. 
Ya, it's still drying.


I used the small gear and embossed copper then used my UTEE Powder to give it a metal look.  It dosen't look as cool in the photo:(


LOVE this HB from Scrappy Moms Stamps Hooray for Birthdays set. 


I embossed the copper on the large gear and while it was still hot I STAMPED!  After it cooled I sanded the edges and added some walnut ink to make that design pop.


To keep the gear theme I ran my paper through my gears folder and lightly added some walnut ink.


This card is an easy 5x5 card.  I kept it simple and no embelishments since boys don't really care anyway! 

***On a side note...I recieved an email yesterday letting me know I am being featured over at Fantabulous Cricut for their Scrappin Saturday Post TOMORROW.  WOW!  Be sure to swing by and see which one of my projects they are featuring.  Not sure how it works but they may have snagged other designers projects too?***
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Nicole, it is an awesome card! Very manly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and those gears work so well for Male type cards.. I use them a lot.. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how masculine! I love the gear theme.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cool card Nicole.
    My quick and simple cards are way more simple then this one ;)
    Congrats on being featured :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts