Skip to main content

12 Tags of 2012- March Tag

March is here and so is Tag #2. 

Pfft...easy tag I thought!  Well, yes the tag was easy and so were the butterfly's but the mosaic was finicky.  Especially since I did 2 tags.  My GF and I built our tags using what we had.  BONUS...she had just picked up the butterfly die the week before.  Otherwise I was thinking we would be using a butterfly punch.  I don't have the wood grain stamp Tim used but I do have some wood grain paper so I used that.  On my 2nd tag (keep scrolling) I did use a background stamp.

I borrowed the sentiment and make sure you use the Archival Ink.  If you don't when you go to spritz it will run.  I used Archival but my GF used Black Soot.

HEY, I LEARNED SOMETHING NEW! 
This sheer ribbon when heated with your heat gun will go all curly!  OMG how did I not know this!!!  From now on I am heating the ribbon.  Just do a little, it goes quick.

I needed some metal flowers sooooo...Your gonna love this one.  I punched (SU Punches) these flowers using those oven liners.  You kow that sit in your oven to catch all the spillage.  I then used my Alcohol Ink to colour.  Easy and cheap!

My 2nd Tag

Yep, I made 2 Tags again.  This time I stamped my SU Sanded background stamp for the tag.  I wanted to try both the paper and stamp. 


For the mosaic paper opn the butterflies I used Paper Stash Seasonal Easter paper. So my butterflies came out more green.  Making these butterflies was really fun.

Both of my tags.

I don't have the cement powder Tim used.  So I used my detail silver to emboss then took my Walnut Stain over to tone down the bright silver.

Creating these tags isn't about having all the dies, paper's and embellishments.  Use what you have, try the techniques and just have fun.
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Oh there are wonderful I believe I will be joining the girls at CA next saturday to make the tag.. I even have the butterflys.. Have fun.. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both awesome!! I love how you made these tags your own..using supplies on hand! Awesome job with this months Tag! Tim would be proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I'll have to go play.You've done a cool job with this one!!

    I used the heat gun on my ribbon a while back - not just curly, but lots of smoke and weird holes!! lol - be careful with the heat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful. Love the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tags, love them both TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous,,i love the look of your butterflys...super cool...tfs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Canada 150

IT'S CANADA'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!  
A bunch of us Crafty Canadian's along with Scrap n' Stamp got together to celebrate our countries 150th Birthday!  You should be arriving from Amy's blog.  If you're just arriving you'll want to start at the beginning HERE.
"We are blog hopping today in celebration of Canada’s 150th Birthday, sharing projects featuring the cute new ‘Busy Beaver’ stamp & die set by Taylored Expressions! Be sure to leave comments along the way because Scrap N’ Stamp Canada has some prizes to give away randomly- $150 in gift certificates (3 lucky people will get $50 gc’s) and a Busy Beaver set with a bonus maple leaf tag die! Winners will be randomly chosen and announced on the Scrap n' Stamp Blog on Monday!"
Check out my Birthday Card celebrating Canada Day but also it's my husband's birthday today too!  The Busy Beaver stamp and die set is featured and the star of this card.  



I coloured the Busy Beaver with Oxi…

Liberty

HEY USA... IT'S ALMOST YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!

Celebrating the 4th of July with this patriotic card.  Since I have all these adorable paper dolls I dug through and found this pretty little girl holding the flag and wearing a pretty little sash.  My Mom's husband is American and this is his first July 4th since moving to Canada.  I wanted to whip up a card celebrating his homeland.

I finally get to use some of my seasonal paper with all these patriotic images.

My paper doll is coloured up with distress markers.

I added the dog... even he is inky with antique linen.

I inked the background and used the stars stencil... subtle and pretty.

Happy {almost} July of 4th

I hope all my American Friends a very special Happy Birthday.  Thanks for stopping by for this Canadian version on a Patriotic card. 

Wildflowers

I may live in a snow globe but I can dream of Wildflowers!  
Just dusting off the cobwebs on my blog.  I try to take a creative break or slowdown during Jan/ Feb.  However, I have been creating still!  So, I did just get Sizzix shipment with some new goodies including the new Wildflowers 2!

I have all the floral dies but the wildflowers are my thing!  I love them.  I started cutting the Wildflowers,Wildflowers 2 and the new Small Tattered Florals.  All the flowers are inked with Magenta Nuance Pigment Powders.

The Small Tattered Florals are so teeny!  I just found a set of Stylus Tools... it came in a 3 pack and I wasn't sure if I need 3 but YA I do!  Spray and roll!
Look how the smallest floral rolls with the smallest stylus tool.  SCORE!  Embossing time.

I also got the new Flourish Texture Fadeand it is awesome. For inking I used Eileen Hull Colorbox Color Blends.  Creating strips of color with the built in sponge and blending with my blending pen.

This Watering Can is so adora…