Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Make Watercoloring Easy with Clearsnap Blends



Ohhhh the Blends are here and I am loving them!  I am super excited to play with Eileen Hull's Clearsnap Colorbox Blends.  This month the Inspiration Team has been sharing their projects and they have been AMAZING!

Follow this easy tutorial for watercoloring with Blends.


I pulled out the watercolor paper grabbed my floral dies heart & soul and pansy.  Grabbed my Blends and Koi stamp.


OH MY GOODNESS... Look at how the Blends work with my Koi stamp.  I randomly applied the Blends and spritz with water then stamp.  I designed this Koi stamp to have a watercolor effect when stamping so perfecto!


The pansy die is cut and ready for Blends.  I popped some colour on my mat, spritz and drag.  I inked the edges a bit then ran my watercolor pen to soften.  The perfect lily pad.  Repeat this step for the heart & soul in hues of blue Blends.


With the Koi dry apply some of the Blends in blue, spritz and use a watercolor pen for this water step.  Randomly apply the shades of blue to create movement in the water.  Drying and blotting really helps.

Lily Pad with flower!



For something different I cut the "friend" and stacked.  Why not right...


DROOL... I love how the Koi turned out.  Like crazy love!


Look how awesome the heart & soul turned out.


So many options with these blends.


A few simple things to make a beautiful card.





Check it out... I was free painting in my art journal a couple weeks ago.  Posted on my Instagram feed.  I do that a lot!




EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Comments


  1. WoW Nicole! I love the effects of watercolour on the koi and your freehand painting of the flower. You’re so talented. Thnx for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know this is my absolute favourite stamp set, and you made me love it even more xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this watercolor effect and how great the pPansy flower works for a lily pad- who knew ? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts