Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Art Journaling with Baked Texture


I recently got a Dylusions Journal to play and experiment with.  I am learning to play with Dylusions paints and at this point I'm I am loving it.  

Check out my second pages where I throw in the new Seth Apter Baked Texture embossing powders.


See... yummy right!

I stamped my stamps Fallen Blossom and Upstream stamps and embossed with clear embossing powder.  Then add the paint.
Blend the colours to create an underwater look then in comes the yummy, cake batter smelling Dirty Sand embossing powder.
Add some black marble paint on the edges and then repeat the same on the top with Deep Sea ep.  To create a wispy effect I gently used a paint brush to brush off some powder.
Heat and yum!  Load up the bubbles stencil with some fresh lime paint with a sponge.
Spray and layer onto the pages.  Trying paint on stamps too and hey it works!
Stamp, add some Big Talk stickers, a little smudging and you're creating layers to a page.  BAM!  I cut the garden greens, added more paint and coated some fractured glass embossing powder.  A great underwater effect.
DREAMY...




Country View Crafts- Anything Goes
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge- Ring in the New Year (my new is the journal, paints and baked texture embossing powders)







EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Comments

  1. WoW!! Nicole, this is Mind Blowing!!! Love those new embossing powders. They are a MUST have! Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Nicole, you've made a brilliant start to your journal, and those Seth embossing powders are on my wish list. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy weekend. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning and such gorgeous colours!! I so can't wait to get hold of those Seth EPs :o) Thanks so much for adding this to our Mixed Media Monthly January challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very successful in your playing with your paints and this fabulous EP I find! Beautiful journal pages.
    Thank you for joining in with our challengen this month at Country View Challenges!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dreamy, yes! Love all that texture and gorgeous color! Very clever to use that cherry blossom stamp (love it!) as seaweed! Looks like you had some fun here! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it- ahhh Seth's powders. Great layout! Thanks for joining Mix Media Monthly-heehee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts