Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Ghostly Cloche

Haunting is my top priority!

I have been super busy lately and my crafty space has been emptied out this weekend to make room for a new floor in my basement.  It was nice to just create something for no reason other than I love Halloween. before everything was boxed up.  My daughter and I were in IKEA a few weeks ago and she grabbed the Cloche saying I had to make something cool with it.  On it...

Check it out...

I cut a removable base so I can reuse the Cloche for other seasons.  This made it easy to build a spooky little scene.


It came with a brassy base so a little added slate alcohol ink gives it more of a rustic look instead of shiny brass.

I have a little bin full of body parts.


I have this littler glass knob...pull?  Anyway I attached it to the top of the glass dome.

A little candy corn tree, pumpkins and a spider.


I used the stringy bits left by my trust hot glue gun for a spider web covering all the creepy layers.  

I bent my word band to fit the base and tied off with some halloween bakers twine.

I am hoping to get my crafty space put back together this week so I can play some more.  Oh and prep for classes... that too ;)

Challenges





EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Comments

  1. I do love a decorated cloche and you have decorated this one so spookily and beautifully! Loving the candy corn tree and adding the lamp was just the perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for joining in with us at A Vintage Journey! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW FUN!!! Amazing what a cloche can do and fit! LOVE how tall this is, and all the things you incorporated in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I saw this on your Insta account, sorry it took awhile to come visit and see the whole thing! Congrats on the new floor by the way! It must be nice to have a big basement to craft in! I love how your daughter is really into making things with you! I meant to tell you in my last comment, you can buy what those same "Fairy Lights" on Amazon that run off of a very tiny battery about the size of a nickel. They will last for about 24 hours, but you can buy a replacement pack of batteries for super cheap too. I saw people from the UK using them in Mason Jars last Christmas. Bonbonpaperie/Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squeal! Nicole, you know I ADORE your Halloween spirit and crafty ideas! This one's a winner for sure! I have a bunch of these cloche's in my china cabinet, and I always put seasonal handmade decorations under them. What a great idea to make THEM the decoration! While I'm here, let me thank you for playing along at A Vintage Journey! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nicole, this is just brilliant! The perfect Halloween project! So, so cleverly put together, LOVE IT!!!
    Thanks so much for adding it to our Crazy for Autumn Colour challenge at a Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts