Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Don't Feed the Bears

Ummm... I love camping soooo this project is right up my crafty wheel house!  I mean, flannel, bears and adventure!
Guess what... Xyron and Simple Stories are team fun and I have a awesome Journal oozing with the Cabin Fever collection!  This collection called for the new Eileen Hull Journal!  An adventure in journaling!

I needed to get cutting the paper with the Eileen Hull Sizzix Journal die. Making the cover front and back.  To make it easy and quick I ran the cuts through the Creative Station and stuck them right on!


I cut 3 pages at 8x8 and scored 4" using the cabin fever papers.  With the scraps I created smaller pages and tuck spots.  The new Stitched Circle is perfect for scraps and layering.


Inking the pages and cuts with Oxide gives it a worn look.  For the front cover I wanted an earthy rustic pop and the Armor Shield and Trophy Antlers.  It doesn't get anymore rustic than that!


The matboard shield gets some shine with Charred Gold embossing powder.  Bring it to life with layers of colour to create an aged look with distress crayons.


Run the shield through the Creative Station and then use the Disposable Sticker Maker for the Chip Quotes to attach to the front of the journal.  I use this black elastic string for the pages I found online. 


The Create a Sticker is a favourite for smaller cuts to attach.  The Cabin Fever Collection has a page of sticker.  Not usually my thing but OK, they are adorable used throughout.  I love all the sayings in this collection so I cut them ALL out.  Perfect for Journaling.


Check out ALL my Cabin Fever pages!  


See... awesome stitched circles and stickers.


Ya, Go Outside!


I made little pockets.


Loving the journaling sentiments.


Trimming, cutting and stickering.  


I put this one on the back of the journal.


I am ready to Wander.


I am out and about adventuring right now and I made this so I could add my adventure photos.  This Cabin Fever Collection is a perfect fit for me since I love to camp!

Follow Xyron and Simple Stories all week to see all the inspirational projects.  

Want more Journal Inspiration!  Click the image for your copy of the Journal Treasury with 85 Journals to inspire your next project.
Journal Treasury by Eileen Hull & Friends

 
 Eat. Sleep. Craft. {repeat}

Comments

  1. that's cute Nicole! Perfect for your current adventure. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome journal, Nicole! The cover is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts