Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Fairy Dolls

I went a different way with the Heartfelt Journal die.  I made a shadow box with it.  You can create all sorts of compartments and cubby's to stuff little trinkets.  In my case I created a large opening to create my little story.


I used Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Reinker to colour y texture paste and applied to the cover of the cover with layering stencil Rose.  Tinting looks amazing on it.


I attached a strip of mat board on the outside and inside for the journal allowing for a 2" depth when done.  I cut strips of mat board to create the inside of the box.  I painted the box with black gesso including right over the pink roses.


I wasn't planning on painting the whole thing with black gesso... but paint happens!


I inked the chip quotes with Oxides and attached to the cover.


How awesome is the distress of these roses!


Some wallflower paper stash and envelope die on the inside.


The shadow box created is simple and pretty with paper dolls, grassy bits and a fence.


I cut and layered small duo butterfly wings for the pretty dolls.


The perfect set of wings to create fairy's!


I could have added so much more.  But sometimes you just need to step away and leave it.


The versatility of the die keeps on going!  A shadow box filled with fairy's, papers and secrets can be so much fun!  I have everything I used linked below.  Click and shop ;) 

Challenge to play along

A Vintage Journey- Use a Quote (I have a few)


 



 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. Ih Nicole you are killing it!!! How awesome is this!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Nicole. Love the black and pink cover and shadow box inside. Have a lovely weekend. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very clever and so very beautiful Nicole, love this idea - a lot!! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant and beautiful Nicole, love, love the ideas and finished project xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cool and creative Nicole- I love the fairy doll shadowbox! And yes you really did restrain yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole, I love your 'out of the box' box you made with a journal cover die! You are so durn creative! Beuatiful work on the cover and the details are so delightful on the inside! Just perfect in every way, and I'm so glad I got to see most of this. My computer is not loading full posts today. Time for the Geek Squad, me thinks!

    Before I forget, I'd like to thank you for sharing this with our Use a Quote challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project using Eileen's journal. Love the stencil covers and your shadow box idea - very clever.
    Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Nicole! what an awesome idea! one I will definitely borrow! I can see making a little box for my niece with little fairies inside! This is totally fun and creative! thanks for joining us in the A Vintage Journey Quote challenge! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts