Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Coral Thanks

Who doesn't just love coral!  It happens to be a favourite colour of mine!  I rooted through my stash and found coral Core paper and then things kinda took off from there.
This is my first official Xyron Design Team post!  I am sharing the step out for this card so follow along.

I cut some white cardstock using the stitched oval thinlit die then coated it and the background with white gesso.  This allows the next step for blending distress crayons.


Apply the distress crayons (in this case, abandon coral, twisted citron, pumice stone) blending and rubbing together.  This is where the gesso comes in handy with that slick surface.  Layer the Lattice Stencil over and remove with a damp cloth or baby wipe.


I cut the  Heart and Soul flower with watercolor cardstock.  Spray with water and use a stylus to shape the flower petals. 

I inked the edges of the Heart and Soul flower with abandon coral distress ink then attached a metal brad to hold the pieces together.  Smashin' my anvil... oops, I mean my hammer on it.  Time to layer and load the stitched oval into my Creative Station.


The Creative Station applies the adhesive making it really easy to layer.  Roll it through cut, burnish and remove.   

I heard you can use Xyron for ribbon too so of course I had to try it with the Disposable Sticker Maker.  No mess, no melting, no adhesive line... what alternate universe am I in!  I used it for the Sizzix Leather Paper thanks cut... no glue everywhere!


I have some Wildflowers 2 cuts laying around so I tucked one into my Create a Sticker for the inside.  I used my own Nicole Wright Designs stamp set Fallen Blossom for the sentiment and a few added cherry blossoms.


Seriuosly, adore this flower and the stylus makes all the difference for an authentic looking floral!


The Create a Sticker makes all the difference for a mess free adhesion!


Bend and curl...


Adore this lattice background with distress crayons...YUMMY!


Carrying the florals through to the inside is so pretty.  I really need to think about it more often!


So hoping spring comes sooner than later.


I have to laugh... at myself.  Having never used a Xyron one might ask why go for the DT.  Ummm... this is why!  All my dies needed it.  I am getting a lot of "I told you so" and yes, keep them coming.  I deserve it.  

I have linked the stuff I used through the post and there are a few items linked below too.  Happy crafting!

 

Comments

  1. You never seize to amaze me with your creativity. I never heard of Xyron befor, but I see it is a must have!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Nicole! I would never have guessed you made this...so girly and fluffy, and I have to say, I adore this side of your crafting! Wonderful choice of colors and your flower and shabby bow are both amazing! Love this! I'm going to give the crayons over gesso a try; you have created a gorgeous background with this technique! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the really cool resist technique you used with the layering stencil, and the soft colours remind me of spring. Love the colour CORAL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Nicole, coral's never been a favourite colour of mine but you have changed my mind, love it! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts