Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Tuesday, August 30, 2016
I cut the Lost Zombie 2x with Sizzix Mat Board. The distressed the Coredinations paper and cut the Handwritten Halloween Thinlit "toil & trouble". The zombie clothes are trimmed for a layering effect.
Using a piece of watercolor paper I inked with my distress markers and added plenty of water for blending. Then spritzed with more markers. I wanted it very subtle.
Line up the parts and glue away.Next I inked the lost zombie with distress spray stain and added some ink to intensify.
Time for inking those clothes. For texture on the pants I sprinkled a pinch of distress powder. The top I created a plaid shirt.
A bunch of inking for the shirt and a coat of clear rock candy crackle paint. Another pinch of distress powder for texture and why not add some for the hair.. I cut the pumpkin in half and it worked easy! Pekoe is making sure I did everything right.
Spritz the Lost Zombie with black soot distress marker for a mottled dead appearance.
I tiny strip of leather for the belt and a pounded brad.
For the pumpkin half I added a coat of clear rock candy crackle paint then when it was partially dry I rubbed it off.
The subtle inking and spritzing pops the die cut sentiment.
Oh he needed something extra. So some grungy chains will do fine!
He looks like he's popped from the earth.
A pop of carved pumpkin for the inside!
Don't get lost...
More creepiness to come.
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
So I literally have no idea what I'm going to make with my new dies and the Twist and Style Tool. I am loving how easy and fast it is though. WOW!
I haven't used my Flower Pocket die yet. Seems like a good option... especially with a Zombie popping out.
I used my long strand of wire to write "BOO"
OK, lets try distress crayons on Kraft Resist.
Don't forget... these dry quick so don't apply the colors then blend. Bad... I am demoing so you'll know! Yep... that's me not screwing up! Anyway, once I fixed my "teaching" moment I exposed some of the resits. Ohhhh... Ahhhhh!
Lets try some Crazing before we use crayons. While that dries (in moments) I cut up some Leather Paper using the Alphanumeric Marquee... Like a Boss!
Lookie... the Crazing worked. A lot of smearing and spritzing.
I ink a lot of my own paper. So here's a thought... save it for little cutting jobs like the Handwritten Halloween "Beware". Add some Fall Foliage cuts. Secret... I cut these up in batches with my fall color distress paper. Then I leave them in a container... waiting.
I attached the Boo on top.
I usually make my own pinecones. But I do like to collect the wee ones.
The things scraps can turn in to!
The pre-cut Fall Foliage is a time saver.
Check out this SNEAK PEEK from Emerald Creek Craft Supplies... a creepy spider charm inked with honeycomb and meadow alcohol inks. These Creepy Crawlers will be available in September.
So, some of the twisted citron got caught in his mouth. Or is that ZOMBIE FOAM!
Bring on the FALL Crafts!
Check out all the fun and other Team projects by clicking the photo below.
Sharing over at
Anything But Cute- Shabby Garden (all my leafy, pine cone bits)