Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Capture the Spirit

It's December...

Last year I picked up a stack of these plastic wine glasses.  The kind with the bottom that screws on.  I was hoping to create a Wine Glass Ornament with it but I ran out of time.  They have been sitting on my shelf all year and I finally hauled them down to play.  

No tutorial for this one due to multiple projects going on at the same time.  However, mini ornaments, hot glue and a base... in this case the scalloped cut from the Cookie Box die is a perfect fit.


I love these teeny wood blocks and stamps giving me stamping freedom.


I hung a wee vintage star ornament from some wire. 


I inked a small brushbottle tree with evergreen bough spray stain.


Tucked in the wee deer.


Ted off with a big burlap bow, real mini pinecones, mini lantern and a red bulb.


 Then I added some snow.


I crackled the ornament leaving a little peek window.


Make sure you use teen holiday bits and wrap the base with twine or in this case the pine twine stuff.


I tucked it in my tree in a small opening with a light behind.  


Night time view...



These glasses are really cheap to purchase.  It took me about 30 minutes to make since everything is small and compact.  I did the glue and crackle finish first.  While it was drying I assembled, cut, glued and glittered my pieces.

Thanks for checking this out.  I'm thinking I will make some more.  I'll try to remember to make tutorial if I do!

Challenging
A Vintage Journey- Cracking Up
Anything But Cute- Rustic Glam

 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. I searched high and low for these plastic wine glasses - to no avail so had to resort to real glass! I love how you crackled the back, such a great idea and the festive topping looks wonderful - love the look on your tree too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - Thanks so much for joining in our Rustic Glam challenge at Anything But Cute! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. PPS - Thank you too for joining in our Cracking Up challenge at A Vintage Journey! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun!
    I've got to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So festive and cute! Love the letters blocks and glittery Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this is such a beautiful piece, Nicole! Brilliantly done! Love it to bits! Thank you so much for joining in our Rustic Glam challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! What a fabulous retro little scene, and it looks amazing on the tree. Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are soooo creative - this is just wonderful. I am smiling with delight! Thanks bunches for joining the Anything But Cute Rustic Glam Challenge! j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way beyond cute! This is definitely the best ornament idea I have seen so far this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts