Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Riveting Parts

It's time for my favourite tag of the year...OCTOBER!  To get the low down on Tim's October Remix pop over tho his blog for the how too.  I followed all the same fun techniques.  

I decided to go with the Pumpkin Parts die instead of the Monster Thinlit.  I was tempted to use the Monster... But I was stuck with the thought of making a Riveting Pumpkin!  BTW... the monster, vampire and zombie thinlits are vanishing after this year.  So get them if you don't have them.

I love the rivets and black soot technique!


I used this metal spider charm heated it up and dropped Oil Rubbed Embossing Powder to get this bronze look.  Mine was silver.


To rub the paint off I used a dry baby wipe.  It was soft enough to rub off and totally dry... in my garbage.


Love the layering


Inky, crackly layered leaf and no I did not emboss it!


I love the crazing medium and the black soot crayon!   So crackled!  My tiny attacher was acting up and didn't want to play.  Luckily I got it all working after a jammed staple.


The Twist n' Style tool is perfect for making those tendrils out of copper.


The spider gets to twist too!


The frightful ephemera is of course awesome as a background!  I added a twisted edge along the bottom too.  I didn't think I would overly like that die cut.  I was wrong!


I really, really, really love the layering of ephemera and crackle.  I need to do this more!  Thanks for creeping by.  Check out the awesome techniques to create this months tag!


Sizzix Dies used...


Pumpkin Parts
Twisted Edge
Layered Leaf
Twist n' Style Tool 
 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. Love your original version Nicole! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow Nicole, your take on Tim's tag is fabulous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole....your take on Tim's tag turned out SPOOKtacular!....I thought about the jack-o-lantern...but just thought it might look too weird ...I am DROOLING over your tag...The background...plus the spider...and the twisted vine curling out....LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that you used the pumpkin...it looks fabulous all riveted up! Great take and so FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW!! I love your tag Nicole! Especially the pumpkin and the creepy spider. Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pumpkin is amazing!! Next year will be my Halloween year! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts