Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Fall Brownstone

The falling leaves have been stunning these past weeks.  If you follow me you know I love to create for Fall. When I get to create for Creative Scrapbooker Magazine I get to make Fall projects in the spring.  Although this project didn't make it in the magazine I do get to still blog it.    

I snapped off a few photo's.  Honestly, sometimes I get lost in the creation and loose all track of time and what I should be doing!  So limited how to photo's for this post.


You need a few dwellings like the Village Brownstone, Village CottageVillage Rooftops, .  For the this rooftop I cut up a piece of oven liner and inked it with some alcohol ink.  I also used some woodgrain paper/ oven liner on the Village Dwelling and more oven liner on the other brownstone embossed with the Basket Weave texture fade.


Once it's inked I cut, layered and trimmed the rooftop.  All the dwellings have been layered in paper. I did use some of the cuts from the Village Bungalow, shutters, dormers and fence pieces.  I attached the dormers to the Brownstone.


Accessorizing is the best part!  I used these small wood dowels for the pillars, hardware and twine for a rustic look.


Adding the inked up mini woodland trees is like landscaping for a crafter.  I cut a bunch of the fence pieces on chipboard to create these yards and gates.


The Fall Foliage leaves are sprinkled about and the Basket Weave texture fade roof looks amazing!


I love all the pumpkins, trees and leaves tucked all around the Village.  


The great thing about these villages is you can create them for ever season and add on to them each year. Now... to keep my cats away from them!  

Check out the Fall Issue.


Sizzix Dies I used:

Village Brownstone
 Village Cottage
 Village Rooftops
 Village Bungalow
Fall Foliage 

Where I play

Anything But Cute- An Autumn Day
 
 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. So cute. I love your little houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful creations Nicole, I have really enjoyed seeing the detail close up - the embossed roof is brilliant and I love the colours on the middle house. The autumn leaves are a lovely addition too. Love these!

    Thanks so much for joining in our Autumn Day challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Nicole, wonderful fall cottages, I'd like to move right in! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun, colorful and happy little village you created Nicole! love all the textures and patterns! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can just picture you in your studio wringing your hands and giggling with delight as you spend hours cutting, assembling, detailing and landscaping your village! How wonderful this village is, and I appreciate all the work that went into it! The devil's in those wonderful, thoughtful details! My favorite trick you pulled here is using the oven liner-genius!

    I had to laugh about your cats. Biskit has a favorite pass-time. She jumps on top of the upright freezer and pulls all the tiny leaves off a project I made a couple years ago (They are really crunchy by now), and drops them to the floor. Good luck with yours!

    Thank you, too, for sharing this at Anything But Cute. A perfect Autumn Day! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning project! A great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicole, you have crafted this village to perfection! Amazing detail and textures. Thank you for joining our Autumn Day challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love the little village and Wowzers to all the little details that you have added. The metal roof is amazeballs and so fun! And an oven liner!?! Say what! Genius! Every time I look at this I see something new to mesmerize my eyes. Awesome sauce designs! And aren't cats fun! Hehe!

    Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute for our "Autumn Day" challenge. Hugz. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts