Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Fall Expedition

It's the first day of Fall!
I just got all my Sizzix dies to play with and I went for the Dashing Deer first knowing I was somehow going to create a fall project.  Well I usually have some idea of what I may create.  This one needed lots of leaves and burlap.  
Onto the fun!

I decided to layer up the antlers with the mat board cut 2 times and a layer of Sizzix Leather Paper.  I cut the head and upper body of the new Dashing Deer with some scrap Core paper.  For the leaves I made my own paper using watercolor paper and spray stains peeled paint, carved pumpkin and fossilized amber.  Spritz and spray.


Now that the paper is dry I can cut leaves using Layered Leaf and Tattered Leaves.  


I used the texture fade for the layered leaf and also ran my tattered leaves through my Vagabond.


For added texture I love cutting burlap!  I used the wood plank from the Ink Splats & Wood Planks Set texture fade for another layer of texture.  I inked the burlap and burlap ribbon then stamped the Halloween Silhouettes with Archival Jet Black.  Then add whatever embellishments you want.


I attached everything onto a burlap panel.  I used distress crayon peeled paint for the wordband and token.  Inked up the FALL Letterpress blocks and tucked a mini pumpkin on the stamped burlap bow.


I love all the fall leaves.  The NEW Mini Holiday Greens are AMAZING.  


I wrapped the panel with jute and have hung it up in my breakfast nook.  


I love creating for the Fall Season!  Check out all the latest fun dies HERE.




 

Comments

  1. This project is perfect for fall! I just love the colors you achieved with the spray stains to create your own paper to die cut. So much inspiration, and creativity, just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project has just shot to the top of my favourites list of your work. The Dashing Deer looks so impressive layered up and I just love all the burlap - brilliant, just brilliant! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL, and what a great step out! LOVE the colors and the deer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so beautiful! I found this on the Tim Holtz Addict Facebook page! I love fall leaves! I was wondering if you could answer this question I've had for years now. What is the difference between distress stain and distress spray? It is just the bottle top but the contents are the same? Is one more diluted than the other? And could you just make your own spray with reinker and water? Thanks so much for sharing how you made this?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts